Old May 26th 10, 04:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default NLL re-opening....

As I understand it, the NLL (Stratford to Gospel Oak) will reopen but I
take it that there's going to be nothing huge delivered on June 1st to
make it a huge deal?

Other than some new platforms, and traveling on slightly different
tracks, there will be no increase in service levels (still 4ph during the
day, 3ph later in the evening?) and 3 car trains? (and the same naff
weekend closures that we had before the blockade....?)

Roll on 2011!! It will be VERY nice indeed when it's all finished, but
until then....

Old May 26th 10, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On May 26, 9:27*am, Martin Petrov
wrote:
As I understand it, the NLL (Stratford to Gospel Oak) will reopen but I
take it that there's going to be nothing huge delivered on June 1st to
make it a huge deal?

Other than some new platforms, and traveling on slightly different
tracks, there will be no increase in service levels (still 4ph during the
day, 3ph later in the evening?) and 3 car trains? (and the same naff
weekend closures that we had before the blockade....?)

Roll on 2011!! It will be VERY nice indeed when it's all finished, but
until then....

IIRC the NLL was closed for enabling works. I think the Hampstead
Tunnels are being enlarged for bigger containers. And, also the AC
tracks are being moved to take over the northern most pair east of
Camden road, thus leaving room for the ELL extension to Highbury and
Islington.

Can anyone confirm? Cueing Mizter T. :-)

Old May 26th 10, 04:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

wrote:

[...]

I think that was the plan, since the ELL would merge with the NLL
alignment from the south.
Old May 26th 10, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

E27002 wrote:

IIRC the NLL was closed for enabling works. I think the Hampstead
Tunnels are being enlarged for bigger containers.

The Hampstead tunnel gauge clearance was completed during 2008. They are
nothing to do the current NLL work, which is all east of Gospel Oak, on the
Stratford route...

Paul S