London Banter

-   -   Seats on London Overground and the new Victoria Line trains (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/10867-seats-london-overground-new-victoria.html)

lonelytraveller May 29th 10 02:21 PM

Seats on London Overground and the new Victoria Line trains

Why are they plastic with a fabric coating? They are extremely
uncomfortable to sit on. Can't they either make them plastic (so that
its easy to clean) or soft fabric like the older tube trains (so that
its comfortable) ?

MIG May 29th 10 02:23 PM

Seats on London Overground and the new Victoria Line trains

On 29 May, 15:21, lonelytraveller
wrote:
Why are they plastic with a fabric coating? They are extremely
uncomfortable to sit on. Can't they either make them plastic (so that
its easy to clean) or soft fabric like the older tube trains (so that
its comfortable) ?

If they were plain plastic, you wouldn't bang your bum down on them
thinking they were padded, and whoever's watching on CCTV wouldn't get
a laugh.

jon b May 29th 10 03:10 PM

wrote:
Why are they plastic with a fabric coating? They are extremely
uncomfortable to sit on. Can't they either make them plastic (so that
its easy to clean) or soft fabric like the older tube trains (so that
its comfortable) ?

By chance I discovered that the pull down seats on the LO trains are
padded really rather well by comparison to the fixed seats! I now
always look out for those ;)