Old June 28th 10, 10:28 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Metropolitan Main Line Question

On Jun 26, 9:32*am, allantracy wrote:
wasSome of my relatives have taken up residence in Harrow giving the
domestic authorities and me the ideal excuse to sample the varied
delights of reaching there and the centre of London.

Back in the day, the ride from Harrow northwards to Aylesbury was very
pleasant during the harvest season, i.e. August and September. I do
not know if that is still the case. But if the farmers are still
growing wheat in Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire, I recommend you
take the trip it is truly picturesque.