Old July 31st 10, 02:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default I took 4 buses where I could have ridden a bike

In message , Bolwerk
writes
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of
Tantra-Hammock wrote:
In some circumstances, for instance, it could be more eco-friendly
drive into a city -- even in an SUV, the bete noire of green groups --
rather than take a suburban train. It depends on seat occupancy and
the underlying carbon cost of the mode of transport."

That's pretty moronic. Even if the system fails to achieve an energy
savings, the vehicles are going to do their scheduled runs. Taking a
vehicle that will run anyway is still greener than adding a vehicle to
the highways.

I wonder what the monkey smokes?
--
Clive