Old August 11th 10, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Thameslink

On Aug 11, 7:42*pm, Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 11/08/2010 13:14, Ivor The Engine wrote:

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 02:25:19 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

The reason that those areas are "the best bet for budget hotels" is
that there is comparatively little demand. *The majority of tourists
stay in areas several miles west of Thameslink, none of which are
remotely as seedy as Kings Cross, whose seediness and relative
cheapness are directly connected.

If there is comparitively little demand, why are there more hotel
rooms within a 5 minute walk of King's Cross than in the whole of
Cambridge (not exactly an unpopular city with the tourists)? *I
counted 4 large travelodges, 2 comfort inns, a premier inn, a novotel
and (from a quick google search) 25 non-chain hotels.

Extend that by another 5 minutes and you get all the small 'b&b' type
hotels around Tavistock Place and the Russell Square area. *Hardly
quiet, especially at this time of year. *I've not been inside them but
there are some nice looking places around Cartwright Gardens, a
generous stone's throw from Euston and St. Pancras. *I generally stay
in that area when in London so I'm within walking distance of the
station.

There are also Youth Hostels at St Pancras and somewhere in the City not
far from Thameslink.

Conclusion: *The Poster Currently Known As Bruce doesn't know what
he's talking about, as usual.

Have you heard the latest news from the zoologists who are studying the
tioletry habits of bears?

I must have missed that one, I was too busy searching on wikipedia to
find out the religious affiliation of Joseph Ratzinger.

Robin