London Banter

-   -   Bendy bus fire (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1112-bendy-bus-fire.html)

Robin May December 4th 03 01:35 PM

Bendy bus fire

Does anyone know anything about the bendy bus that caught on fire?

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

Another high quality lesson from Robin May:
Your and you're are different words!

Richard J. December 4th 03 02:12 PM

Bendy bus fire

Robin May wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the bendy bus that caught on fire?

Route 436, Marble Arch. Evening Standard report at
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard

--
Richard J.

Jim Brittin December 4th 03 03:47 PM

Bendy bus fire

In article ,
says...
Robin May wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the bendy bus that caught on fire?

Route 436, Marble Arch. Evening Standard report at
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard

I'm informed it was MAL36

Nick H (UK) December 5th 03 09:17 AM

Bendy bus fire

Richard J. wrote:
Robin May wrote:

Does anyone know anything about the bendy bus that caught on fire?

Route 436, Marble Arch. Evening Standard report at
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard

"The bus, which had been in operation for less than a year, was nearing
the end of its journey..."

How true!

--
Nick H (UK)

Boltar December 5th 03 11:22 AM

Bendy bus fire

Jim Brittin wrote in message om...
In article ,
says...
Robin May wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the bendy bus that caught on fire?

Route 436, Marble Arch. Evening Standard report at
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard

I'm informed it was MAL36

Probably severe engine overheating (though you'd think the driver would
have noticed beforehand) or more likely a fuel leak. Can't think
of anything else that would gut the whole thing given that they're supposed
to be made of fire resistant materials.

B2003

Steve Moles December 8th 03 07:37 AM

Bendy bus fire

"Richard J." wrote in message
Robin May wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the bendy bus that caught on fire?

Route 436, Marble Arch. Evening Standard report at

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ning%20Standar

Richard J.