London Banter

-   -   4 car 378s on NLL (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/11149-4-car-378s-nll.html)

Paul Scott September 3rd 10 05:37 PM

4 car 378s on NLL

Any ideas about how long it will be before the first four car trains start?

Took a spin round the line yesterday, couldn't see a lot left to do at many
platform lengthening worksites...

Paul S

Andy September 3rd 10 06:34 PM

4 car 378s on NLL

On Sep 3, 5:37*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Any ideas about how long it will be before the first four car trains start?

Took a spin round the line yesterday, couldn't see a lot left to do at many
platform lengthening worksites...

Paul S

A post, from Tim Dunning, on District Dave's forum says the first two
diagrams should start on 14th September. Both Richmond and Clapham
Junction will see 4 car trains.

Dr. Sunil September 4th 10 04:40 PM

4 car 378s on NLL

On 3 Sep, 20:42, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:37:49 +0100, "Paul Scott"

wrote:
Any ideas about how long it will be before the first four car trains start?

Took a spin round the line yesterday, couldn't see a lot left to do at many
platform lengthening worksites...

In another place - not District Dave - 14th September has been quoted. 2
4-car sets are planned to be in service.

The timings (for 14/9/10 only) are

07.50 * * Richmond - Willesden Junction
08.25 * * Willesden Junction - Richmond
09.57 * * Richmond - Stratford
11.07 * * Stratford - Richmond
12.27 * * Richmond - Stratford
13.37 * * Stratford - Richmond
14.57 * * Richmond - Stratford
16.09 * * Stratford - Richmond
17.24 * * Richmond - Stratford
18.39 * * Stratford - Clapham Junction

06:50 * * Clapham Junction - Stratford
08:09 * * Stratford - Richmond
09:22 * * Richmond - Stratford
10:37 * * Stratford - Richmond
11:57 * * Richmond - Stratford
13:07 * * Stratford - Richmond
14:27 * * Richmond -Stratford
15:37 * * Stratford - Richmond
17:36 * * Richmond - Willesden Junction
18:27 * * Willesden Junction - Richmond

--
Paul C

Does that mean unit 225 will leave the ELL?

Paul Scott September 5th 10 12:40 PM

4 car 378s on NLL

wrote:
Any ideas about how long it will be before the first four car trains
start?

Took a spin round the line yesterday, couldn't see a lot left to do at
many
platform lengthening worksites...

In another place - not District Dave - 14th September has been quoted. 2
4-car sets are planned to be in service.

Does that mean unit 225 will leave the ELL?

There are more 4 car units due for return from Derby before the due date,
211 and 216 I believe, and a few pf the /2s built as four car still to be
introduced are stored at Ashford. AFAICT the normal diagramming requires at
least one or two 378/2s on the ELL, I don't think 225 is especially
siginifcant.

Paul S

Andy September 5th 10 04:18 PM

4 car 378s on NLL

wrote:
Any ideas about how long it will be before the first four car trains
start?

Took a spin round the line yesterday, couldn't see a lot left to do at
many
platform lengthening worksites...

In another place - not District Dave - 14th September has been quoted. 2
4-car sets are planned to be in service.

Does that mean unit 225 will leave the ELL?

There are more 4 car units due for return from Derby before the due date,
211 and 216 I believe, and a few pf the /2s built as four car still to be
introduced are stored at Ashford. *AFAICT the normal diagramming requires at
least one or two 378/2s on the ELL, I don't think 225 is especially
siginifcant.

I don't think the ELL actually needs units 201 or 225, which are based
there at the moment. The full service started with just the twenty
class 378/1 units. But having the extra 378/2 units gives a bit more
flexibility and keeps the units running after they have been
commissioned.

I think that eighteen units are required for the normal service with
one spare at Dalston Junction.

Dr. Sunil September 5th 10 07:14 PM

4 car 378s on NLL

On 5 Sep, 16:18, Andy wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your answers above.

Alizxa October 27th 10 06:24 AM

Hi,
On a more positive note, it appears that four-car 378s will likely begin to make an appearance on the NLL from next week onwards. Sources indicate that two sets will probably enter service on Tuesday, with more to follow as the arrive from Derby.Finally, for those whose memories stretch even further back than the 313s, Greg Tingey kindly sent us a photo of a 4-SUB unit and a BR 1950's slam-door set at Broad Street.