Old September 4th 10, 07:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another Borris Bendy Bursts into Flames

Sorry for the tabloid headline !

08.45 Saturday . . . .Reports of a bendy bus going up in smoke at
Victoria bus ststaion - the one at the front of the station, not the
coach station (er obviously - but you see what I mean) London
Underground services running through but not calling - NR station open
with front entrances, not surprisingly, closed.

Richard

Old September 4th 10, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fat richard" wrote in message

Sorry for the tabloid headline !

08.45 Saturday . . . .Reports of a bendy bus going up in smoke at
Victoria bus ststaion - the one at the front of the station, not the
coach station (er obviously - but you see what I mean) London
Underground services running through but not calling - NR station open
with front entrances, not surprisingly, closed.

Given Boris's hatred for Bendies, shouldn't they be called Ken's
Bendies?

Old September 4th 10, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fat richard" wrote in message
Sorry for the tabloid headline !

Even the worst tabloid would probably be able to spell Boris in a
headline though...

Paul S
Old September 4th 10, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 04/09/2010 08:49, Fat richard wrote:
Sorry for the tabloid headline !

08.45 Saturday . . . .Reports of a bendy bus going up in smoke at
Victoria bus ststaion - the one at the front of the station, not the
coach station (er obviously - but you see what I mean) London
Underground services running through but not calling - NR station open
with front entrances, not surprisingly, closed.

Richard

Speaking of Victoria, what happened last night that service was
suspended between Warren Street and Brixton for about two hours?
Old September 4th 10, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 4 Sep, 11:06, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Fat richard" wrote in message

Sorry for the tabloid headline !

Even the worst tabloid would probably be able to spell Boris in a
headline though...

Paul S *

My apologies for the spelling, To the other paul, there was supposed
to be some irony in my Bor(r)is quote. I am a great fan of the whole
its "my" (Bor(r)is' overground when it was Kens idea and a succces and
its Kens Bendies when they are useless.

Ho hum............

The report I recieved was the flames were high, the fire brigade
attended and tha the bus station remains closed for removal of the
remains. The LUL station opened 50 minutes after my original post. I
am fully aware that the sensationalist world we live in could mean
there is simply some scalding on a panel somewhere.?

Richard

Old September 4th 10, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 04/09/2010 12:02, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 11:26:47 +0100, "
wrote:

On 04/09/2010 08:49, Fat richard wrote:
Sorry for the tabloid headline !

08.45 Saturday . . . .Reports of a bendy bus going up in smoke at
Victoria bus ststaion - the one at the front of the station, not the
coach station (er obviously - but you see what I mean) London
Underground services running through but not calling - NR station open
with front entrances, not surprisingly, closed.

Richard

Speaking of Victoria, what happened last night that service was
suspended between Warren Street and Brixton for about two hours?

Person under a train at Victoria.

Any details?
Old September 4th 10, 12:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

*wrote:

Speaking of Victoria, what happened last night that service was
suspended between Warren Street and Brixton for about two hours?

Person under a train at Victoria.

Any details?

There's nothing possibly to add to that. What kind of details were you
possibly thinking of? It was a person under a train, which is alas a
regular occurrence on the network, end of.
Old September 4th 10, 12:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sep 4, 12:25*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

*wrote:

Speaking of Victoria, what happened last night that service was
suspended between Warren Street and Brixton for about two hours?

Person under a train at Victoria.

Any details?

You just had them. I don't do blood and gore posts. You yourself know
where the line was suspended and the approximate duration as you stated
it above. There's nothing else to say.

Quite.
Old September 4th 10, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2010\09\04 13:20, Mizter T wrote:

wrote:

Speaking of Victoria, what happened last night that service was
suspended between Warren Street and Brixton for about two hours?

Person under a train at Victoria.

Any details?

There's nothing possibly to add to that. What kind of details were you
possibly thinking of? It was a person under a train, which is alas a
regular occurrence on the network, end of.

Jumped, fell or pushed seems a salient point.
Old September 4th 10, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fat richard" wrote in message
On 4 Sep, 11:06, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Fat richard" wrote in message

Sorry for the tabloid headline !

Even the worst tabloid would probably be able to spell Boris in a
headline though...

Paul S

The report I recieved was the flames were high, the fire brigade
attended and tha the bus station remains closed for removal of the
remains. The LUL station opened 50 minutes after my original post. I
am fully aware that the sensationalist world we live in could mean
there is simply some scalding on a panel somewhere.?

The short bit of film I saw on the news suggested a bit more than a bit of
smoldering, lots of black and grey smoke shooting upwards in that vigorous
way that suggests quite a jolly bonfire underneath.
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.