London Banter

-   -   Where and at what time are the most simultaneous Train departures (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/11155-where-what-time-most-simultaneous.html)

Ken Wilshire September 5th 10 08:51 PM

Where and at what time are the most simultaneous Train departures

Traveling from Charing Cross to Clapham Junction on Friday evening, I
was pleased to see that there was a 22:09 and 22:10 departure - no
waiting time (it was 22:08). Then, as I traveled to Waterloo East the
closeness of the departure times made we wonder what would be the most
trains that could (number of paths) and would (timetabling) leave at
the same time...

Entering Waterloo from the overbridge, the next three departures were
the THREE 22:20 departures to Woking, Reading and Salisbury. Wow, I
thought, can there be four?

Yep, (unbelievably - I love life's serendipitous happenings), as I
exited Clapham Junction, I turned around to look at the departure
board, and whilst not the very next trains, there there were the FOUR
22:38 departures, to Chichester, Windsor & Eton, Sutton, and Watford
Junction.

Shame there were not five, but I have just remembered that I reminded
myself to check departures for Waterloo and Victoria which are shown
separately at the bottom of the board (next departures only). And
yes, there is a 22:38 to Victoria, so that makes FIVE!

So are there SIX? Over to you...

Ken