Old September 13th 10, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU fraud

Took the tube to work this morning. The gate failed to read my card at the
exit gate but because I was walking so fast I was most of the way through
before the gates closed. Anyway , went to the ticket machine and sure enough
I had a non complete journey fair deducted so I went to the ticket office.
The ****** in their , after chatting to his mate for 2 minutes and deigning
to serve me, tried to convince me that the 6 quid the gate had taken off
was actually the balance on my card before I entered the system and he
then took ANOTHER amount off for the journey I'd just done. Since I knew how
much I had on there as I'd topped it up only 50 minutes earlier I knew the
**** was lying and made a big bloody fuss until he refunded me the 6 quid.

Now I've seen this guy before working there months ago so he's not new
and it clearly said "CHARGE" on his screen next to the 6 quid so quite
obviously he was attempting to defraud me. Should I report him to his station
manager? Has anyone else come across this sort of thing?

B2003

Old September 14th 10, 06:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Sep, 09:59, wrote:

journey fair
in their

Why don't you deign to check your spelling?

Quite obviously he was amused at what a tosser he had at his window.

Old September 14th 10, 08:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 23:57:52 -0700 (PDT)
contrex wrote:
On 13 Sep, 09:59, wrote:

journey fair
in their

Why don't you deign to check your spelling?

Quite obviously he was amused at what a tosser he had at his window.

LOL Thus speaks a man whose sole comment has been to point out a standard
issue typo.

Thank you for brightening up my morning with your ridiculous puffed up
pomposity. Do you hold a scented hankie under your nose when you type?

B2003

Old September 14th 10, 05:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14 Sep, 09:50, wrote:

LOL Thus speaks a man whose sole comment has been to point out a standard issue typo.

"Fair for "fair" and "their" for "there" are not "typos". They are
errors caused by ignorance.
Old September 14th 10, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
[...]

Irrespective of fraud and spelling mistakes, actually, if you had taken an
extra second to make sure the doddery old Oyster card reader had woken up,
there would have been no problem. A case of more haste less speed, (or a tap
in time saves nine)!

MaxB

Old September 15th 10, 07:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
,
contrex writes

"Fair for "fair"

ITYM "for fare"

and "their" for "there" are not "typos". They are
errors caused by ignorance.

You said it
--
Paul Terry
Old September 15th 10, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:48:58 -0700 (PDT)
contrex wrote:
On 14 Sep, 09:50, wrote:

LOL Thus speaks a man whose sole comment has been to point out a standard

issue typo.

"Fair for "fair" and "their" for "there" are not "typos". They are
errors caused by ignorance.

ROTFL!

Ah , the irony.

I think you meant "Fair for fare" old chap. Just ignorance on your part
I guess eh? )

B2003

Old September 15th 10, 08:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 19:29:47 +0100
"Batman55" wrote:
Irrespective of fraud and spelling mistakes, actually, if you had taken an
extra second to make sure the doddery old Oyster card reader had woken up,
there would have been no problem. A case of more haste less speed, (or a tap
in time saves nine)!

Yes , mea culpa , but these things happen. What shouldn't happen is an LU
employee deliberately try and rip off a customer.

B2003

Old September 15th 10, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:22:05 +0100
Paul Terry wrote:
In message
,
contrex writes

"Fair for "fair"

ITYM "for fare"

and "their" for "there" are not "typos". They are
errors caused by ignorance.

You said it

I'm going to have to keep his post, its the best foot in mouth I've seen
in many a year.

B2003

Old September 15th 10, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2010\09\15 09:47, d wrote:

I'm going to have to keep his post, its the best foot in mouth I've seen
in many a year.

You must have yourself in your own killfile, then.