Old September 16th 10, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default NLL 378s - TfL press release

Yesterday's press release on the NLL four car 378 introduction he

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/16672.aspx

The attempt to describe the eventual full service includes:

"Six trains per hour all day Camden Road to Willesden Junction with four
trains per Richmond to Clapham Junction and two trains per hour Willesden
Junction to Clapham Junction

Simple mistake, but they really ought to proof read these things a bit more
thoroughly...

Paul S

Old September 18th 10, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:33:23 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Yesterday's press release on the NLL four car 378 introduction he

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/16672.aspx

The attempt to describe the eventual full service includes:

"Six trains per hour all day Camden Road to Willesden Junction with four
trains per Richmond to Clapham Junction and two trains per hour Willesden
Junction to Clapham Junction

Simple mistake, but they really ought to proof read these things a bit
more
thoroughly...

I have said this more than once to my friendly press office contact
sigh

I don't understand why the service details on Overground press releases
are so poorly written. Surely all you have to say is something like
this (for the post May 2011 service) :-

Richmond - Stratford - 4 trains per hour all day, on every day of the
week.

Stratford - Camden Road - an additional M-F rush hour service that runs
2 trains per hour over this section. [you might want to say what "rush
hour" means]

Clapham Junction - Willesden Junction - 4 trains per hour all day, on
every day of the week. 2 of these train each hour continue east to
Stratford to give a total of 6 trains per hour all day, on every day of
the week between Willesden Junction and Stratford.

Barking - Gospel Oak - 4 trains per hour all day on every day of the
week.

I'm sure someone will now say why my words make no sense either! I'm
also assuming I have understood the eventual service pattern.

Seems right to me...

There's another one out yesterday about the resignalling by May 2011, this
release includes 8 tph between Stratford and Camden Rd. Doesn't mention
it's peak only though.

I emailed them about Wednesday's announcement, but I'd fully expect to be
ignored as I'm a member of the public and not the meedya...

Paul