Old October 15th 10, 07:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cornish pasty company

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Offramp wrote:

Ha-haar. An they do all be a-sea-farin counties ha haaar!

Wait - you mean the pasties at Victoria might be smuggled?

tom

--
We are going to have to be speculative, but there is good and
bad speculation, and this is not an unparalleled activity in

Old October 16th 10, 12:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Oct 15, 5:45*pm, Paul Terry wrote:

In message , tim....
writes

According to the advertising in the shop the *have" come from Cornwall (each
day)

They have a distribution centre near Aylesbury - but I guess that
wouldn't necessarily contradict the claim.

I don't want pasties all the way from Cornwall - I want pasties from
around the corner! I shall endeavour to investigate their in-store
promotional material...
Old October 16th 10, 08:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 17:45:20 on Fri,
15 Oct 2010, Paul Terry remarked:
According to the advertising in the shop the *have" come from Cornwall (each
day)

They have a distribution centre near Aylesbury - but I guess that
wouldn't necessarily contradict the claim.

And there's another "made in Cornwall" pasty distribution centre in
Bristol. I do wonder why they can't distribute the recipe instead, to
somewhere a bit closer to their customers!
Old October 16th 10, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 17:45:20 on Fri, 15
Oct 2010, Paul Terry remarked:
According to the advertising in the shop the *have" come from Cornwall
(each
day)

They have a distribution centre near Aylesbury - but I guess that wouldn't
necessarily contradict the claim.

And there's another "made in Cornwall" pasty distribution centre in
Bristol. I do wonder why they can't distribute the recipe instead, to
somewhere a bit closer to their customers!

Because Cornwall needs the jobs

tim

Old October 16th 10, 10:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:19:15 on Sat, 16 Oct
2010, tim.... remarked:

And there's another "made in Cornwall" pasty distribution centre in
Bristol. I do wonder why they can't distribute the recipe instead, to
somewhere a bit closer to their customers!

Because Cornwall needs the jobs

It's a shame they can't make something which doesn't need to be trucked
so far, and isn't quite so perishable.
Old October 16th 10, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:37:17 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T
wrote:

On Oct 15, 5:45 pm, Paul Terry wrote:

In message , tim....
writes

According to the advertising in the shop the *have" come from
Cornwall (each
day)

They have a distribution centre near Aylesbury - but I guess that
wouldn't necessarily contradict the claim.

I don't want pasties all the way from Cornwall - I want pasties from
around the corner! I shall endeavour to investigate their in-store
promotional material...

The Pasty firm Ginsters when it was new and small used to have the
Strap line" Fresh up from Cornwall Daily" on the delivery vehicles.
As it got bigger and depots were needed the line changed to just to
Either "Up From Cornwall daily" or "Fresh up from Cornwall" I can't
quite remember which one it was.

It has been part of the Samworth brothers group for a long time now
and operates like most big firms. Recently Tesco opened a store next
to the Callington Factory.
You can buy the pasties next door,trouble is they have been shipped to
Tescos depot in Avonmouth and shipped back again first.
As a local in the paper implied, why doesn't somebody think and just
push a Trolley around the Corner.

There will still need to be a lorry going from Callington to Avonmouth
to deliver pasties for all the other Tesco stores that aren't next door.

There will still need to be a lorry going from Avonmouth to Callington
to deliver all the other products that aren't made next door.

So the marginal cost of shipping the pasties 200 miles is pretty much
zero. It is likely to cost more to set up a special arrangement for just
one store.

Peter Smyth