Old October 22nd 10, 05:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default Mice on the Underground - wither ... ??

Are there still a special breed of mice on the London Underground or
have they all been poisoned off. I haven't seen any this year.
Sometimes - especially late in the evening they'd run along the
platforms at some stations. I believe that one unfortunate Japanese
tourist got clipped by a train when she leant too far over the
platform edge to watch a mouse. CJB.

Old October 22nd 10, 05:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"CJB" wrote:
Are there still a special breed of mice on the London Underground or
have they all been poisoned off. I haven't seen any this year.
Sometimes - especially late in the evening they'd run along the
platforms at some stations. I believe that one unfortunate Japanese
tourist got clipped by a train when she leant too far over the
platform edge to watch a mouse. CJB.

Haven't you heard - there's a war on (...or something) - the TfL staff
canteens need to source their protein from somewhere.

Old October 22nd 10, 05:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 22 Oct, 18:35, CJB wrote:
Are there still a special breed of mice on the London Underground or
have they all been poisoned off. I haven't seen any this year.
Sometimes - especially late in the evening they'd run along the
platforms at some stations. I believe that one unfortunate Japanese
tourist got clipped by a train when she leant too far over the
platform edge to watch a mouse. CJB.

I have seen some this year.
Old October 22nd 10, 07:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"MIG" wrote in message
On 22 Oct, 18:35, CJB wrote:
Are there still a special breed of mice on the London Underground or
have they all been poisoned off. I haven't seen any this year.
Sometimes - especially late in the evening they'd run along the
platforms at some stations. I believe that one unfortunate Japanese
tourist got clipped by a train when she leant too far over the
platform edge to watch a mouse. CJB.

I have seen some this year.

Have seen them often this year

Old October 22nd 10, 10:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 22 Oct, 20:18, "Nicola Redwood" nicolaexternal-
wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message

On 22 Oct, 18:35, CJB wrote:
Are there still a special breed of mice on the London Underground or
have they all been poisoned off. I haven't seen any this year.
Sometimes - especially late in the evening they'd run along the
platforms at some stations. I believe that one unfortunate Japanese
tourist got clipped by a train when she leant too far over the
platform edge to watch a mouse. CJB.

I have seen some this year.

Have seen them often this year

I don't do the tube much these days, but in a slightly sad interval at
Tottenham Hale last week (waiting for some new Vic stock) my time was
passed watching a pair on the Northbound side (North end) which were
on the track at the tunnel mouth.

Richard

Old October 23rd 10, 12:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

CJB wrote:
Are there still a special breed of mice on the London Underground or
have they all been poisoned off. I haven't seen any this year.
Sometimes - especially late in the evening they'd run along the
platforms at some stations. I believe that one unfortunate Japanese
tourist got clipped by a train when she leant too far over the
platform edge to watch a mouse. CJB.

Hampstead tunnel on the NLL was home to rats during WW2.
We lived near to the Finchley Road & Frognal tunnel mouth, and our cat
used to bring one home every now and then, We never knew where
he got them until I was waiting for a train on the up platform one
day and saw him emerging from the tunnel with one in his mouth,

Jim Hawkins

Old October 25th 10, 09:36 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Oct 22, 6:45*pm, "Mizter T" wrote:
"CJB" wrote:
Are there still a special breed of mice on the London Underground or
have they all been poisoned off. I haven't seen any this year.
Sometimes - especially late in the evening they'd run along the
platforms at some stations. I believe that one unfortunate Japanese
tourist got clipped by a train when she leant too far over the
platform edge to watch a mouse. CJB.

Haven't you heard - there's a war on (...or something) - the TfL staff
canteens need to source their protein from somewhere.

The plastic one is probably still on the track at "West Ashfield" -
not sure if that counts!
Old October 25th 10, 10:45 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

When they are around they seem almost oblivious to people. I thought
that perhaps the noise of trains may have deafened them.
Old October 25th 10, 10:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 03:45:29 -0700 (PDT)
Offramp wrote:
When they are around they seem almost oblivious to people. I thought
that perhaps the noise of trains may have deafened them.

I'm surprised they manage to survive down there at all. There isn't really
all that much food waste lying around on stations.

B2003

Old October 25th 10, 12:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:48:34 +0000, boltar2003 wrote:

There isn't really
all that much food waste lying around on stations.

Because the mice have eaten it?

--
Alex