Old December 11th 03, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Default M6 toll, good news

"Mark Fry" wrote in message

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message
Disabled drivers can get a pass which allows free access to the toll

road
for three years. It costs a fiver for the admin.

http://www.m6toll.co.uk/pricing/exemptions.asp

Why should any disabled driver get free access, do they take up less space
or create less pollution?

Some people resent others getting what they don't.

Old December 11th 03, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

In article ,
says...
In article ,
says...
In article ,
says...

Really. Now there is a chance. I have siatica. Have been diagnosed by
the doctor, and had heavy duty cocodomol to help it, and physio when it
was particularly bad.

You've got no problem then. Also pop in a claim to the Disability
Living Allowance people in Preston.

You are joking I hope Conor.
While you might be right that I could claim, It hasn't disabled me
enough that I would feel right doing it.

In that case, you're a better person than an _awful_ lot of Blue Badge
holders out there.

On a sort of related issue - my wife is now too pregnant to get out of
normal parking spaces - I've got to stop, let her out, and then move in.

We went shopping last week, and it was a bit drizzly. Bearing in mind her
difficulties, we thought we'd try the Parent & Baby slots. None left
unsurprisingly. Of the 10 or so they had, only _one_ was obviously a car
with baby, having a car seat in it (not that that means much). The rest had
no sign of any baby occupancy.

I then took a look at the disabled slots. Another ~10 of those, but the
_total_ shock was that they were 80% full of blue badge holders! The not
total shock : The 2 that weren't were 4x4s.

Pete.

--
NOTE! Email address is spamtrapped. Any email will be bounced to you
Remove the news and underscore from my address to reply by mail
Old December 11th 03, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Pete Smith ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

On a sort of related issue - my wife is now too pregnant to get out of
normal parking spaces - I've got to stop, let her out, and then move
in.

We went shopping last week, and it was a bit drizzly. Bearing in mind
her difficulties, we thought we'd try the Parent & Baby slots. None
left unsurprisingly. Of the 10 or so they had, only _one_ was obviously
a car with baby, having a car seat in it (not that that means much).
The rest had no sign of any baby occupancy.

Assuming you'd parked there, would your car have had any visible sign of
your wife being pregnant?

Old December 11th 03, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

"Gareth A." wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:21:33 +0000, Silk wrote:

Chris wrote:

Cast_Iron wrote:

Disabled drivers can get a pass

I'd give my right arm for one of those.

No need. They'll accept a bit of a bad back.

If you're an OAP they hand them out no questions asked.

Only if the OAP is physically disabled.

Old December 11th 03, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Following up to MeatballTurbo

Siatica is one of those things that you are never cured of though. A
twist in the wrong direction, and the siatic nerve is back where it
shouldn't be, and bingo, walking wounded again.

I would assume an osteopath would be handy when it goes wrong?
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old December 11th 03, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

"Purditer" wrote in
message ...

"Mark Fry" wrote in message

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message
Disabled drivers can get a pass which allows free access to the toll

road
for three years. It costs a fiver for the admin.

http://www.m6toll.co.uk/pricing/exemptions.asp

Why should any disabled driver get free access, do they take up less

space
or create less pollution?

Some people resent others getting what they don't.

I don't begrudge anyone getting something that I can't, both of my parents
are registered disabled, but I don't understand the logic of it. How does a
disable person cause either less pollution or less congestion?

Old December 11th 03, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Chris wrote:

Cast_Iron wrote:

Disabled drivers can get a pass

I'd give my right arm for one of those.

No need. They'll accept a bit of a bad back.

If you're an OAP they hand them out no questions asked.

Only if the OAP is physically disabled.

But why should that be the case? As I said in my initial post, I can't make
sense of the logic of disabled drivers free, everyone else pay.......

Good news No Name London Transport 0 March 17th 09 10:10 PM
A good day for burying good news - ELL Phase 2 Mwmbwls London Transport 12 April 24th 08 01:35 PM
Good news:The discount wristwatch Rooney London Transport 0 July 11th 05 05:27 AM
Good news for London and for all of the UK? J. Chisholm London Transport 0 July 8th 04 02:28 PM
New M6 Toll road opens,road for fools ? Diversity Isn't A Codeword For Anti-White London Transport 85 December 23rd 03 07:25 AM