Old November 8th 10, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Is it me ? (C2 disrupted at Victoria)

I am completely unable to find anything on the TFL site about the
diversion of buses at / around / to / from Victoria bus station. I am
looking for the C2 which was recently moved to Wilton Road, but has
now gone from there, mostly due to the fact it's closed ! As the road
around the back of the bus station is also closed there must be quite
a few alterations to bus pick up and set down stops there, but I
cannot find anything on the TFL site other than mention of cental
London disruption. I have tried a lot of google and TFL searches to no
avail.

In the scheme of things it's hardly the biggest problem in the world
as all I would have to do is ask somebody at the Bus station, and
there do seem to be some quite decent folk there, BUT surely this
should be on the TFL site somewhere.

Richard

Old November 9th 10, 07:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 8, 10:34*pm, Fat richard wrote:
I am completely unable to find anything on the TFL site about the
diversion of buses at / around / to / from Victoria bus station. I am
looking for the C2 which was recently moved to Wilton Road, but has
now gone from there, mostly due to the fact it's closed ! As the road
around the back of the bus station is also closed there must be quite
a few alterations to bus pick up and set down stops there, but I
cannot find anything on the TFL site other than mention of cental
London disruption. I have tried a lot of google and TFL searches to no
avail.

In the scheme of things it's hardly the biggest problem in the world
as all I would have to do is ask somebody at the Bus station, and
there do seem to be some quite decent folk there, BUT surely this
should be on the TFL site somewhere.

Richard

I have looked at some relevant documents and all I can find is that
the C2 is diverted to pick up in Wilton Road at stop J. I can't see
anything that indicates that Wilton Road is permanently closed to
buses - that would cause quite serious problems for a number of busy
services and if it was a planned diversion would be advertised locally
at least.

It's possible you got caught by an unplanned diversion due to an
incident. My advice would be to head to the stop at Grosvenor Gardens
just north of Victoria. Other routes, such as the 16 and 52, have
their first pick up there and if the C2 has had to join them for some
reason then it is a logical first pick up point.

--
Paul C
via Google
Old November 10th 10, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 9, 8:23*am, Paul Corfield wrote:
[...]

I happened to notice, while waiting for A 16, a C2 turning right from
Buckingham Palace Road straight into Grosvenor Gardens going north, as
if returning directly from the southbound journey.
Old November 12th 10, 02:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 10, 9:12*pm, Luap wrote:
[...]

if returning directly from the southbound journey.- Hide quoted text -

I have not needed the bus since I posted and have been through Vic
twice since my post, but both times were running from the tube to a
train ! Thanks for the reply anyway

Richard