Old November 12th 10, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Default Idiotic traffic plod

In message , at 13:06:37 on Fri, 12
Nov 2010, Ian Jackson remarked:

Was there any hazardous/dangerous cargo inside the lorry! How would
one know?

Don't vehicles carrying hazardous materials have warning markings?

But that doesn't always work. Remember the white van full of gas
cylinders that crashed in Northumberland, I think it was. Closed the
village and the nearby railway line.

Old November 12th 10, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:14:26 -0000
"Ret." wrote:
I have given some guesses - but, of course, they are based upon your
description of the crash that I cannot rely on. For example - were you in
full view of the accident scene while you were waiting? If not then you

Yes. How many more times?

cannot assume that the truck was the only vehicle involved can you? It may
be that other vehicles were blocking the other lanes and you only began
moving once they had been removed.

I had full view of the entire bloody accident for about 5 minutes. heres the
aerial for you:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...cross&s ll=53
800651,-12.392578&sspn=17.675514,46.801758&ie=UTF8&hq=&hne ar=Brent+Cross,+Great
er+London,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.574823,-0.221347&spn=0.004527,0.011426&t=k&z=17

Its going westbound on the 406.

See?

B2003

Old November 12th 10, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:22:18 -0000
"Ret." wrote:
Were you in full view of the truck while you were waiting - or did you only
see it once the traffic began moving and you drove past? From your earlier
posts I suspect the latter - so you have no idea if other vehicles had been
involved and required removing to clear the lanes you were eventually
allowed to use.

Its a truck - they're quite visible above the cars usually. And since the 1
lane we were allowed to use had been open all the time I suspect it wasn't
blocked at any point.

"Burglary has fallen by nearly 60% nationally since 1995. In Cheshire,
burglaries have dropped by 12.9% in the last five years, which means there
are now 592 fewer victims of burglary a year than in 2005."

This has been achieved via intelligence lead proactive policing targeting
known active burglars. The procedure has been highly successful.

Alternatively it could be due to 101 other socioeconomic conditions.

B2003

Old November 12th 10, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:43:56 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:06:37 on Fri, 12
Nov 2010, Ian Jackson remarked:

Was there any hazardous/dangerous cargo inside the lorry! How would
one know?

Don't vehicles carrying hazardous materials have warning markings?

But that doesn't always work. Remember the white van full of gas
cylinders that crashed in Northumberland, I think it was. Closed the
village and the nearby railway line.

Given that there were plods standing within 2 foot of the truck and we
were being filed past within 20 feet of it I think its fair to say there
were no hazardous materials in it.

B2003

Old November 12th 10, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

Ret. wrote:

I was not there and I was not dealing with it so I don't know - and neither
do you.

Is it something to do with traffic policing being a police officers'
graveyard where they go when they are too ****ing useless to do anything
else?