London Banter

-   -   New Northern Line announcements (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1147-new-northern-line-announcements.html)

[email protected] December 11th 03 04:47 PM

New Northern Line announcements

In article ,
(Clive Carmock) wrote:

Sorry if this is old news...

Travelling from Central London south on the Northern line I have twice
now heard a new version of the on-train automatic announcements.

A couple of changes seem apparent.....

References to Suburban and Mainline rail services have changed to
National Rail.

Also the announcement of the 'Next' station announcement now includes
details of 'change for', which previously was only heard when actually
AT the station.

The recordings don't seen to sound as uniform as the previous ones.
The fact they are all made up of separate recordings is slightly more
apparent now, but certainly not as bad as the old Circle Line ones.

I assume these new recordings will be rolled out across all Northern
Line trains soon?

--
Clive

Is this only at specific locations?

The original messages were amended for certain stations and I notice that
these have a different volume level. Charing Cross (the Jubilee Line was
removed) and Clapham North SN are two that spring to mind where changes
were made.

Roger