London Banter

-   -   London sees a different type of cyclist (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/11589-london-sees-different-type-cyclist.html)

Bill Borland December 14th 10 06:15 PM

London sees a different type of cyclist

In article
s.com, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average backyard
philosopher writes

And how about the vehicles coming out of driveways that ignore you in
your face and block the path?

I don't find that fun and find walking less stressful.

I am a pedestrian and find that kind of thing *very* stressful -
especially when the drivers wave at me to go round the front of
their vehicle - i.e. walk into the carriageway where cars are
passing at 40 mph (yes, it's a 30 limit but the usual speed in the
stretch of road that I'm thinking about is 40 - I know, I used to
be a driver myself).

--
Bill Borland