London Banter

-   -   Gold Card benefits (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1164-gold-card-benefits.html)

David Walters December 16th 03 04:35 PM

Gold Card benefits

Does anyone know where I can find a list of what the Gold Card
benefits are if I buy an Annual tube pass? All the information I
can find on tube.tfl.gov.uk says things like "some travel restrictions
apply" but don't detail them :-(

David

Chris Omaweng December 17th 03 11:25 AM

Gold Card benefits

"David Walters" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can find a list of what the Gold Card
benefits are if I buy an Annual tube pass? All the information I
can find on tube.tfl.gov.uk says things like "some travel restrictions
apply" but don't detail them :-(

David

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/nftt_annual.shtml
This was all I could find, sorry. Ticket holders are asked to "enquire at
your local National Rail / Tube station".

Chris

D.M. Garner December 18th 03 12:49 PM

Gold Card benefits

In article ,
Chris Omaweng wrote:
"David Walters" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone know where I can find a list of what the Gold Card
benefits are if I buy an Annual tube pass? All the information I
can find on tube.tfl.gov.uk says things like "some travel restrictions
apply" but don't detail them :-(

David

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/nftt_annual.shtml
This was all I could find, sorry. Ticket holders are asked to "enquire at
your local National Rail / Tube station".

Just made sure that they print the record card that goes with your
oyster card on a GOLD record card. When I got mine, the guy put
it on an ordinary record card. It has caused no end of problems,
trying to get the one-third discount, and culminated in being
refused the discount at KX yesterday. Despite the fact taht the
record card says '12 months travelcard'. Sigh.

Easy - just go and get it re-printed, you might say? Well, no,
not so easy - I was told at the LUL ticket desk that they
couldn't re-print it without issuing a new travelcard.

ARGH!

David.

Dave Liney December 18th 03 02:33 PM

Gold Card benefits

"D.M. Garner" wrote in message

Just made sure that they print the record card that goes with your
oyster card on a GOLD record card. When I got mine, the guy put
it on an ordinary record card.
Easy - just go and get it re-printed, you might say? Well, no,
not so easy - I was told at the LUL ticket desk that they
couldn't re-print it without issuing a new travelcard.

If my paper Gold Card becomes unreadable then they issue me with a new one
with a price of £0.00. I fail to see why they can't do a similar thing with
Oyster and the record card. What do they do if your Oyster card fails? Say
tough luck pay again.

Dave.

Gooner December 19th 03 01:53 PM

Gold Card benefits