London Banter

-   -   Odd train on Shadwell viaduct (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/11665-odd-train-shadwell-viaduct.html)

Someone Somewhere January 6th 11 01:06 PM

Odd train on Shadwell viaduct

Sitting at home this lunchtime gazing out over a rainswept Shadwell
I've
noted a very odd train on what must be the C2C lines to/from
Fenchurch
Street.

It appears to be roughly (I've only caught the back end of it) 5 all
yellow
coaches topped and tailed with a diesel loco. The coaches are of at
least 2
different types, with what might be a couple of MkIIIs with everything
else
older.

Any ideas what it might be?

[email protected] January 6th 11 01:15 PM

Odd train on Shadwell viaduct

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 06:06:01 -0800 (PST)
Someone Somewhere wrote:
Any ideas what it might be?

Sounds like a track recording train.

B2003

Bruce[_2_] January 6th 11 01:23 PM

Someone Somewhere wrote:

Sitting at home this lunchtime gazing out over a rainswept Shadwell
I've
noted a very odd train on what must be the C2C lines to/from
Fenchurch
Street.

It appears to be roughly (I've only caught the back end of it) 5 all
yellow
coaches topped and tailed with a diesel loco. The coaches are of at
least 2
different types, with what might be a couple of MkIIIs with everything
else
older.

Any ideas what it might be?

Network Rail measurement train used for structure gauging?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphot...314557&nseq=10
http://www.railbrit.co.uk/imageenlar...2.php?id=27166

Someone Somewhere January 6th 11 01:41 PM

On Jan 6, 2:23*pm, Bruce wrote:
Someone Somewhere wrote:
Sitting at home this lunchtime gazing out over a rainswept Shadwell
I've
noted a very odd train on what must be the C2C lines to/from
Fenchurch
Street.

It appears to be roughly (I've only caught the back end of it) 5 all
yellow
coaches topped and tailed with a diesel loco. *The coaches are of at
least 2
different types, with what might be a couple of MkIIIs with everything
else
older.

Any ideas what it might be?

Network Rail measurement train used for structure gauging?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphot...2.php?id=27166

Close - following Boltars reply I did a bit of a google search and
came up with this:
http://www.old-dalby.com/images/3725...l%202-8-07.jpg

Which is much closer (even if that is just the fact that the locos
weren't yellow here!)

Thanks both.

MaxB January 6th 11 03:37 PM

"Someone Somewhere" wrote in message

It appears to be roughly (I've only caught the back end of it) 5 all
yellow
coaches topped and tailed with a diesel loco. The coaches are of at
least 2
different types, with what might be a couple of MkIIIs with everything
else
older.

Any ideas what it might be?

Probably looked something like this: