London Banter

-   -   Tfl Formal Investigation Reports (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/11683-tfl-formal-investigation-reports.html)

Mizter T January 10th 11 10:05 PM

Tfl Formal Investigation Reports

[x-posted to uk.transport.london]

On Jan 10, 5:32*pm, Ian Jackson
wrote:
Transport for London occasionally write up a formal report of an
incident. *I asked for a list of these:
*http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/list_of_firs

I followed up with a request for copies of all the reports. *(Why
aren't they published as a matter of routine, like RAIB reports?)

Because they're internal reports? Remember that RAIB covers LU as
well. I dare say Network Rail and indeed the TOCs might have something
similar, but said entities are outside the purview of the FOIA because
they're totally independent commercial entities which have at most a
tangential relationship to government and are in no way public bodies,
or something like that.

I have now got a response which does contain several reports:
*http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reques...completed_firs
Happy reading!

Two points:

* Does anyone know what the blacked-out section of the signalling
* diagram on p17 of the Earls Court report might be ?

* Tfl are being hopelessly slow about replying to my FOI requests.
* I have complained to the ICO.

Richard J.[_3_] January 12th 11 10:50 PM

Tfl Formal Investigation Reports

Mizter T wrote on 10 January 2011 22:05:44 ...

wrote:
[...]

[I can't see the original uk.railway thread on my news server for some
reason, so apologies if this point has been answered already.]
I think it's blacked out because it's out-of-date info on an old diagram
that is otherwise still correct. There's a similar diagram at
http://www.trainweb.org/districtdave/TS.jpg which shows an IMR
(Interlocking Machine Room) at that location, marked as "IMR 'ED'
(Triangle Sidings)". My recollection is that IMR 'ED' is now the one
just outside High St Kensington station, and it seems that the two IMRs
were merged some years ago.

So probably it was blacked out for that reason on the original report.
--
Richard J.