London Banter

-   -   Oyster (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1173-oyster.html)

Q December 17th 03 11:03 PM

Oyster

A bus oyster card reader rejects a card and displays 'Valid Throughout'
What dose this mean please?

Thank you.

---

Grendel December 18th 03 08:58 AM

Oyster

In article , Q wrote:

A bus oyster card reader rejects a card and displays 'Valid Throughout'
What dose this mean please?

This happens to me quite a bit - specifically on the 209 from
Hammersmith to Mortlake. The drivers used to refuse to accept it, but
now they ask me to touch the card against the reader and it prints out a
ticket saying 'Error.. blah blah.. Oystercards are valid throughout'.

Teething problems..