London Banter

-   -   matched cards for tube (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/11805-matched-cards-tube.html)

max February 27th 11 09:04 AM

matched cards for tube

why has it been matched the oyster name to the oyster card?

for a foreigner it sounds bizzarre.

tim.... February 27th 11 10:24 AM

matched cards for tube

"max" wrote in message
why has it been matched the oyster name to the oyster card?

for a foreigner it sounds bizzarre.

Max, your language translator has broken again.

tim

Paul Terry[_2_] February 27th 11 11:39 AM

matched cards for tube

In message , max
writes

why has it been matched the oyster name to the oyster card?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oyster_card#Brand

for a foreigner it sounds bizzarre.

Not if they are used to the Octopus card in Hong Kong. :)

--
Paul Terry

MaxB February 27th 11 11:58 AM

matched cards for tube

"max" wrote in message ...
why has it been matched the oyster name to the oyster card?

for a foreigner it sounds bizzarre.

And to the English. However, I believe the idea was that an oyster is very
boring to look out but can contain a jewel inside!

MaxB

max February 28th 11 12:16 PM

matched cards for tube

"MaxB" ha scritto nel messaggio
"max" wrote in message ...
why has it been matched the oyster name to the oyster card?

for a foreigner it sounds bizzarre.

And to the English. However, I believe the idea was that an oyster is very
boring to look out but can contain a jewel inside!

MaxB

kind of a pearl card.

max February 28th 11 12:18 PM

matched cards for tube

"tim...." ha scritto nel messaggio

"max" wrote in message
why has it been matched the oyster name to the oyster card?

for a foreigner it sounds bizzarre.

Max, your language translator has broken again.

tim

it's not because of me, it's because the haste so say it..