Old December 22nd 03, 10:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Buses Acceptable ?

In message , Robert Woolley
writes
Well, you'll be glad to hear that Route 25 will receive articulated
buses in 2004 - which should help solve the crowding problems....

Do you mean the bendy-buses?
Now that will be interesting when they come three in a row and stretch
all the way to Bow..
BTW, does anyone know why the count-down thing was removed from the
bus-stop outside Mile End tube station?
--
Kat "bears, said the taxi driver, is sixpence extra,

sticky bears is ninepence"

Old December 23rd 03, 01:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Kat" wrote in message

BTW, does anyone know why the count-down thing was removed from the
bus-stop outside Mile End tube station?

A cruel part of me wonders if they were nicked...

Jonn

Old December 23rd 03, 08:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Jonn Elledge
writes
"Kat" wrote in message

BTW, does anyone know why the count-down thing was removed from the
bus-stop outside Mile End tube station?

A cruel part of me wonders if they were nicked...

Not much of a market for second hand bus count-downs I'd have thought...
mobile phones and handbags are the usual targets.
I did wonder if it had been vandalised but to be honest there's not much
of that around the area.

Old December 23rd 03, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Kat wrote:

BTW, does anyone know why the count-down thing was removed from the
bus-stop outside Mile End tube station?

Cos the buses don't dare stop there any more? :-)
Old December 23rd 03, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Dave Newt
writes

Kat wrote:

BTW, does anyone know why the count-down thing was removed from the
bus-stop outside Mile End tube station?

Cos the buses don't dare stop there any more? :-)

They do appear to believe in safety in numbers...

Old December 23rd 03, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Kat wrote:
In message , Robert
Woolley writes
Well, you'll be glad to hear that Route 25 will receive articulated
buses in 2004 - which should help solve the crowding problems....

Do you mean the bendy-buses?
Now that will be interesting when they come three in a row and stretch
all the way to Bow..
BTW, does anyone know why the count-down thing was removed from the
bus-stop outside Mile End tube station?

According to the local paper they were removed because people were
complaining about the times for the next bus actually going backwards
because of delays on Bow Road. Like I said there can be up to an hour
between buses and bendy-buses aren't going to fix that - a boot up the
backside of the bus company might though!
--
Phil ,,,^.".^,,,

---

Old December 23rd 03, 09:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Kat wrote:
In message , Jonn Elledge
writes
"Kat" wrote in message

BTW, does anyone know why the count-down thing was removed from the
bus-stop outside Mile End tube station?

A cruel part of me wonders if they were nicked...

Not much of a market for second hand bus count-downs I'd have
thought... mobile phones and handbags are the usual targets.
I did wonder if it had been vandalised but to be honest there's not
much of that around the area.

ROTFL - You jest! Mile End is one of the worst areas in the East End for
vandalism - even the newly rebuilt Mile End Park (and its 'green bridge')
has been the target for vandals with hundreds of newly planted trees and
flower beds ripped up and torn to pieces. A few years ago a kid was killed
trying to vandalise the electricity sub-station behind the Underground
station when it blew up blacked out half the area. Then there's the
muggings and other assaults in the area round the station - a few weeks ago
a woman was attacked and a man trying to help her was stabbed to death.
--
Phil ,,,^.".^,,,

---

Old December 23rd 03, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Redonda
writes
Kat wrote:
In message , Robert
Woolley writes
Well, you'll be glad to hear that Route 25 will receive articulated
buses in 2004 - which should help solve the crowding problems....

Do you mean the bendy-buses?
Now that will be interesting when they come three in a row and stretch
all the way to Bow..
BTW, does anyone know why the count-down thing was removed from the
bus-stop outside Mile End tube station?

According to the local paper they were removed because people were
complaining about the times for the next bus actually going backwards
because of delays on Bow Road.

Seems odd that people would rather have no information at all.

Like I said there can be up to an hour
between buses and bendy-buses aren't going to fix that - a boot up the
backside of the bus company might though!

The bit from Bow Flyover to Bow Road station is a real bottle neck;
stopping people parking just before the bridge (and the turning into
Southern Grove) might help too...

Old December 23rd 03, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jonn Elledge" typed

"Kat" wrote in message

BTW, does anyone know why the count-down thing was removed from the
bus-stop outside Mile End tube station?

A cruel part of me wonders if they were nicked...

Jonn

I think some around Burnt Oak were vandalised repeatedly (and then
disappeared). I don't know if this was the case at Mile End.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old December 23rd 03, 10:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Kat wrote:

In message , Redonda
writes
Kat wrote:
In message , Robert
Woolley writes
Well, you'll be glad to hear that Route 25 will receive articulated
buses in 2004 - which should help solve the crowding problems....

Do you mean the bendy-buses?
Now that will be interesting when they come three in a row and stretch
all the way to Bow..
BTW, does anyone know why the count-down thing was removed from the
bus-stop outside Mile End tube station?

According to the local paper they were removed because people were
complaining about the times for the next bus actually going backwards
because of delays on Bow Road.

Seems odd that people would rather have no information at all.

Seems even odder that TfL/Bus companies would rather remove the
provision of information than try to do something about the underlying
problem...

(Actually, that's not odd at all!)