London Banter

-   -   BBC discovers that Oyster users can be overcharged for incomplete journeys (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/11865-bbc-discovers-oyster-users-can.html)

Matthew Dickinson March 10th 11 11:51 PM

BBC discovers that Oyster users can be overcharged for incomplete journeys

That seems to mean that it would charge my Oyster card, my contactless
debit card, and the other Oyster card that I bought earlier in the day
to give to a friend.

It's also complete and utter nonsense, so don't waste your energy getting
annoyed about it!

There is an interesting research document about RF distance ticketing at

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/scienceres...entsystems.pdf

The main conclusions seem to be that the obstacles would be primarily commercial objections and passenger acceptance rather than technical issues.