London Banter

-   -   Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/11985-croxley-rail-link-exhibition-dates.html)

burkey[_3_] May 5th 11 01:38 PM

Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

Croxley Rail Link “Exhibition” dates.

http://www.croxleyraillink.com/consultation.aspx

Consultation

The Croxley Rail Link project is committed to working with local
stakeholders and members of the public to ensure that the scheme
reflects the needs of the local community.
We want to hear your views, please*contact us*with your comments.
We are holding public exhibitions to promote awareness of the scheme
and to engage with the local community.
We encourage you to come along and share your views on the scheme;
there will be detailed information about the project, including 3D
visualisations and an opportunity to register your comments.
The exhibitions are as follows:
Unit 17, Charter Place Shopping Centre, Watford Town Centre, WD17 2RU
Thursday 26th*May 12.00pm - 8.00pm
Friday 27th*May 10.00am - 5.00pm
Saturday 28th*May 11.00am - 4.00pm
St Oswald's Church Hall, 17 Malvern Way, Croxley Green, Rickmansworth,
WD3 3QL
Wednesday*1st June*12.00pm - 8.00pm
………………………………..........................
John Burke
WRUG

1506[_2_] May 5th 11 03:07 PM

On May 5, 2:38*pm, burkey wrote:
[...]

Enough consultation already. JUST DO IT!

Mizter T May 5th 11 03:32 PM

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/

Clive Page[_3_] May 6th 11 10:44 AM

Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

Enough consultation already. JUST DO IT!

If the trains are to go all the way to Watford Junction, why don't they
continue along another bit of under-used track and take the Metropolitan
Line to St.Albans Abbey?

--
Clive Page

solar penguin May 6th 11 10:50 AM

Clive Page wrote:

If the trains are to go all the way to Watford Junction, why don't they
continue along another bit of under-used track and take the Metropolitan
Line to St.Albans Abbey?

They're having enough trouble getting the money for just going as far
as Watford Jn.

1506[_2_] May 6th 11 11:32 AM

On May 6, 11:50*am, solar penguin wrote:
Clive Page wrote:

If the trains are to go all the way to Watford Junction, why don't they
continue along another bit of under-used track and take the Metropolitan
Line to St.Albans Abbey?

They're having enough trouble getting the money for just going as far
as Watford Jn.

Moreover, the Met. would need some very expensive engineering in order
to go over, or under, the WCML. I am not sure it is even possible.

burkey[_3_] May 6th 11 12:10 PM

Clive Page wrote:

If the trains are to go all the way to Watford Junction, why don't they
continue along another bit of under-used track and take the Metropolitan
Line to St.Albans Abbey?

They're having enough trouble getting the money for just going as far
as Watford Jn.

Moreover, the Met. would need some very expensive engineering in order
to go over, or under, the WCML. *I am not sure it is even possible.

Could be possible, but very expensive!
It could be similar to the flyover at Nuneaton?
Lets just get the Croxley Link built first!

Burkey

1506[_2_] May 7th 11 05:22 PM

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Zen83237 wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "1506"
[...]

Exactly. This won't happen in my life time so why bother. Just the
consultants justifying their existance.

The decisions were made years ago. This just a delaying excersize.

1506[_2_] May 7th 11 05:49 PM

Clive Page wrote:

If the trains are to go all the way to Watford Junction, why don't they
continue along another bit of under-used track and take the Metropolitan
Line to St.Albans Abbey?

They're having enough trouble getting the money for just going as far
as Watford Jn.

Moreover, the Met. would need some very expensive engineering in order
to go over, or under, the WCML. *I am not sure it is even possible.

Could be possible, but very expensive!
It could be similar to the flyover at Nuneaton?
Lets just get the Croxley Link built first!

Moreover, it is not TfL's job to operate rail service accross Hertford
County.

[email protected] May 8th 11 02:29 PM

Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

In article
,

Clive Page wrote:

If the trains are to go all the way to Watford Junction, why don't
they continue along another bit of under-used track and take the
Metropolitan Line to St.Albans Abbey?

They're having enough trouble getting the money for just going as
far as Watford Jn.

Moreover, the Met. would need some very expensive engineering in order
to go over, or under, the WCML. *I am not sure it is even possible.

Could be possible, but very expensive!
It could be similar to the flyover at Nuneaton?
Lets just get the Croxley Link built first!

There has long been a flyover at Nuneaton. They only modified the southern
approach.

To be honest I'm surprised that Clive should suggest this.

--
Colin Rosenstiel