London Banter

-   -   Passenger charter vouchers and Oystercard (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1205-passenger-charter-vouchers-oystercard.html)

james007 December 29th 03 11:51 PM

Passenger charter vouchers and Oystercard

It's not an FAQ, and I've asked on the website, but do some of the
learned people here know the answer - I've a number of passenger charter
vouchers: how do I get these added to my pre-pay Oyster card?

Kat December 30th 03 10:36 PM

Passenger charter vouchers and Oystercard

In message , james007
writes
It's not an FAQ, and I've asked on the website, but do some of the
learned people here know the answer - I've a number of passenger
charter vouchers: how do I get these added to my pre-pay Oyster card?

Sorry for the delay in replying but I wanted to get the facts right.
AFAICS, you can use anything to top-up your Pre Pay at a ticket office
except Visitor Vouchers, Warrants (other than PERTIS) or Postal Orders.
--
Kat "A world without string is chaos"

james007 January 1st 04 01:18 AM

Kat wrote:
It's not an FAQ, and I've asked on the website, but do some of the
learned people here know the answer - I've a number of passenger
charter vouchers: how do I get these added to my pre-pay Oyster card?

Sorry for the delay in replying but I wanted to get the facts right.
AFAICS, you can use anything to top-up your Pre Pay at a ticket office
except Visitor Vouchers, Warrants (other than PERTIS) or Postal Orders.

....or, according to my local station, Customer Charter vouchers. "You
can get your money back from yer Pre Pay vouchers, yer see, and you're
not allowed to do that..."

Kat January 1st 04 11:49 AM

Kat wrote:
It's not an FAQ, and I've asked on the website, but do some of the
learned people here know the answer - I've a number of passenger
charter vouchers: how do I get these added to my pre-pay Oyster card?

Sorry for the delay in replying but I wanted to get the facts right.
AFAICS, you can use anything to top-up your Pre Pay at a ticket
office except Visitor Vouchers, Warrants (other than PERTIS) or Postal
Orders.

...or, according to my local station, Customer Charter vouchers. "You
can get your money back from yer Pre Pay vouchers, yer see, and you're
not allowed to do that..."

That doesn't make much sense...
OK, I'll make the call later today (if anyone's there)
--
Kat Frogs have it easy. They can eat what bugs them.

David Jackman January 1st 04 08:38 PM

Passenger charter vouchers and Oystercard

Kat wrote in
:

In message , james007
writes
Kat wrote:
It's not an FAQ, and I've asked on the website, but do some of the
learned people here know the answer - I've a number of passenger
charter vouchers: how do I get these added to my pre-pay Oyster card?

Sorry for the delay in replying but I wanted to get the facts right.
AFAICS, you can use anything to top-up your Pre Pay at a ticket
office except Visitor Vouchers, Warrants (other than PERTIS) or Postal
Orders.

...or, according to my local station, Customer Charter vouchers. "You
can get your money back from yer Pre Pay vouchers, yer see, and you're
not allowed to do that..."

That doesn't make much sense...
OK, I'll make the call later today (if anyone's there)

When Pre Pay starts, will a pre-pay user receive credit for the amount
actually paid (and which scale will be used for travelcard holders?) or
will everybody get vouchers for the single fare, much as at present?

David

james007 January 6th 04 09:50 PM

Kat wrote:

It's not an FAQ, and I've asked on the website, but do some of the
learned people here know the answer - I've a number of passenger
charter vouchers: how do I get these added to my pre-pay Oyster card?

AFAICS, you can use anything to top-up your Pre Pay at a ticket
office except Visitor Vouchers, Warrants (other than PERTIS) or
Postal Orders.

...or, according to my local station, Customer Charter vouchers. "You
can get your money back from yer Pre Pay vouchers, yer see, and you're
not allowed to do that..."

That doesn't make much sense...
OK, I'll make the call later today (if anyone's there)

Did you get anywhere, Kat?

Oystercard.com haven't bothered replying.

Robin Mayes January 7th 04 04:35 AM

"james007" wrote in message
Kat wrote:

It's not an FAQ, and I've asked on the website, but do some of the
learned people here know the answer - I've a number of passenger
charter vouchers: how do I get these added to my pre-pay Oyster card?

AFAICS, you can use anything to top-up your Pre Pay at a ticket
office except Visitor Vouchers, Warrants (other than PERTIS) or
Postal Orders.

...or, according to my local station, Customer Charter vouchers. "You
can get your money back from yer Pre Pay vouchers, yer see, and you're
not allowed to do that..."

That doesn't make much sense...

Apparently you can use your Customer Charter vouchers to add credit to
Oystercards.

Kat January 7th 04 03:55 PM

Passenger charter vouchers and Oystercard

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

Apparently you can use your Customer Charter vouchers to add credit to
Oystercards.

Prestige told me the same thing.
In answer to my questions they also said there are no plans to have
Customer Charter credits automatically added to your Pre Pay; it will
still have to be applied for in the same way after a delayed journey.
Also, there are no plans to change the way in which Customer Charter
refunds are calculated.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

David Walters January 7th 04 04:16 PM

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:55:02 +0000, Kat wrote:
In answer to my questions they also said there are no plans to have
Customer Charter credits automatically added to your Pre Pay;

That's just madness. They would save loads in admin by putting the
credit on pre-pay cards. Although they may find the credits have a
poor redemption rate.

it will
still have to be applied for in the same way after a delayed journey.
Also, there are no plans to change the way in which Customer Charter
refunds are calculated.

I see the Northern Line is knackered North of Finchley Central. I'm
about to fill in my first Customer Charter Form. What kind of refund
should I expect?

David

Mike Bristow January 7th 04 10:10 PM

Passenger charter vouchers and Oystercard

In article ,
David Walters wrote:
I see the Northern Line is knackered North of Finchley Central. I'm
about to fill in my first Customer Charter Form. What kind of refund
should I expect?

Cost of a single ticket for the affected journey, so a half-pint
token or so.

There's an on-line version somewhere thetube.com

--
You dont have to be illiterate to use the Internet, but it help's.