London Banter

-   -   S Stock in Berlin (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12122-s-stock-berlin.html)

[email protected] July 6th 11 12:57 PM

S Stock in Berlin

I read that some S Stock was taken to a rail fair in Berlin. How did it get
there - was it the first tube train to go through the channel tunnel or
was it just taken on the backs of lorries?

B2003

Paul Terry[_2_] July 6th 11 03:47 PM

S Stock in Berlin

In message , d
writes

I read that some S Stock was taken to a rail fair in Berlin. How did it get
there - was it the first tube train to go through the channel tunnel or
was it just taken on the backs of lorries?

It would be nice to think that they used Bombardier's magnificent tube
carriage transporter (briefly seen in action at 2'14" in the following
video):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14024617

But no, it would have been by lorry.
--
Paul Terry

Arthur Figgis July 6th 11 08:40 PM

S Stock in Berlin

On 06/07/2011 13:57, d wrote:
I read that some S Stock was taken to a rail fair in Berlin.

Innotrans:
http://www.railgallery.info/photo_sh...0_411.jpg.html

How did it get
there - was it the first tube train to go through the channel tunnel or
was it just taken on the backs of lorries?

Lorries.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK