London Banter

-   -   Is This A Joke? - London The Easiest City In Europe To Get Around (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12126-joke-london-easiest-city-europe.html)

Paul July 7th 11 09:44 AM

Is This A Joke? - London The Easiest City In Europe To Get Around

Saw this article on BBC news

If London is the easiest city in Europe to get around, then the mind
boggles as to what other cities must be like.

Perhaps the survey is not very respresentative. If the TripAdvisor
members have not been to many other European cities, then they will
not have much to compare London with.

Roland Perry July 7th 11 10:03 AM

Is This A Joke? - London The Easiest City In Europe To Get Around

In message
, at
02:44:07 on Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Paul remarked:
Saw this article on BBC news

If London is the easiest city in Europe to get around, then the mind
boggles as to what other cities must be like.

Perhaps the survey is not very respresentative. If the TripAdvisor
members have not been to many other European cities, then they will
not have much to compare London with.

Doesn't mean much if we can't see what Cities they surveyed. This report
doesn't seem to be on the Tripadvisor website, but reports from earlier
years include cities like Paris and Amsterdam.

I happen to think Nottingham is one of the easiest to get around (the
bus company keeps getting awards).

Mizter T July 7th 11 03:07 PM

"Paul" wrote:
Saw this article on BBC news

If London is the easiest city in Europe to get around, then the mind
boggles as to what other cities must be like.

Perhaps the survey is not very respresentative. If the TripAdvisor
members have not been to many other European cities, then they will
not have much to compare London with.

Paris got one over on us on the unfriendliness stakes though.

"The results were based on responses from 3,523 European travellers,
including 778 Britons."

I doubt it adds up to much scientifically speaking - sounds like tourists
finding the Tube map easy to read (and doing daft things like Marble Arch to
Paddington via Notting Hill).

ONscotland July 7th 11 03:10 PM

On 7 July, 10:44, Paul wrote:
Saw this article on BBC news

If London is the easiest city in Europe to get around, then the mind
boggles as to what other cities must be like.

Perhaps the survey is not very respresentative. *If the TripAdvisor
members have not been to many other European cities, then they will
not have much to compare London with.

Certainly buses are superbly easy to use. The bus stop without a map
or timetable in London is rare.