Old July 30th 11, 07:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Machines stock Oyster

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/metro/20672.aspx.
The machines which do so are narrow Cubic machines, accepting coins and
cards, but not notes. The CSC says there is no intention to roll the
facility to the wide machines which do accept notes.

I noticed them go in soon after the beginning of May. The CSC had no
information for public consumption at that stage. The Press Release says
"Every Tube station except Roding Valley, owing to the size ofthe (sic)
ticket hall, will have at least one of the machines". I think they are
in most ticket halls, but have not checked. e.g. I would be surprised if
they are in Baker Street: Chiltern Street or King's Cross St Pancras:
Pentonville Road. The CSC told me that they are absent from some ticket
halls if room or security constraints are not met.

I think they are a useful response to the reduction of ticket office
opening hours. I found the questionnaire used complicated and gave up my
first try to buy one; I succeeded the second time.
--
Walter Briscoe

Old July 30th 11, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:35:36 on Sat, 30
Jul 2011, Walter Briscoe remarked:

I think they are a useful response to the reduction of ticket office
opening hours.

Or those ticket offices like Kings Cross St Pancras where despite being
rebuilt, they still don't man enough windows to prevent enormous queues.

When I was at Euston last month, the queues for tickets completely
filled the booking hall and prevented easy access to the barriers!

Whoever manages these ticket selling operations was clearly brought up
in the Post Office environment, where apparently it's a crime to have
fewer than ten people queuing for every window.

I found the questionnaire used complicated and gave up my
first try to buy one; I succeeded the second time.

Which questionnaire is that?
Old July 30th 11, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 30/07/2011 08:35, Walter Briscoe wrote:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/metro/20672.aspx.
The machines which do so are narrow Cubic machines, accepting coins and
cards, but not notes. The CSC says there is no intention to roll the
facility to the wide machines which do accept notes.

I thought that I recently saw a wide machine at Baker Street, which
offered them.

By the way, are one-month season tickets for Oyster good literally for
the calendar month or for four weeks?

Old July 30th 11, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On 30/07/2011 08:35, Walter Briscoe wrote:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/metro/20672.aspx.
The machines which do so are narrow Cubic machines, accepting coins and
cards, but not notes. The CSC says there is no intention to roll the
facility to the wide machines which do accept notes.

I thought that I recently saw a wide machine at Baker Street, which
offered them.

By the way, are one-month season tickets for Oyster good literally for
the calendar month or for four weeks?

Like all monthly seasons, they are for the full calendar month.
Old July 30th 11, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Walter Briscoe" wrote:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/metro/20672.aspx.
The machines which do so are narrow Cubic machines, accepting coins and
cards, but not notes. The CSC says there is no intention to roll the
facility to the wide machines which do accept notes.

I noticed them go in soon after the beginning of May. [...]

Yes, ditto - a welcome development, one that has been called for on here a
number of times.