London Banter

-   -   RATP (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12190-ratp.html)

[email protected] August 15th 11 09:00 AM

RATP

I see RATP logos have appeared on some london buses. Never thought I'd see
that! When did this happen?

B2003

David Alexander August 15th 11 09:42 AM

RATP

Is that not the same group that now run Manchester Metrolink trams?

Jim[_3_] August 15th 11 10:30 AM

RATP

In article , d
says...

I see RATP logos have appeared on some london buses. Never thought I'd see
that! When did this happen?

B2003

RATP took over Transdev buses in London last year.

First noticed the current London United/RATP branding around April this
year on routes 10,65 & 94, haven't noticed it on the heritage
Routemasters on the 9 but no doubt it's on them as well.

[email protected] August 15th 11 10:37 AM

RATP

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:30:46 +0100
Jim [wake wrote:
In article , d
says...

I see RATP logos have appeared on some london buses. Never thought I'd see
that! When did this happen?

B2003

RATP took over Transdev buses in London last year.

First noticed the current London United/RATP branding around April this
year on routes 10,65 & 94, haven't noticed it on the heritage
Routemasters on the 9 but no doubt it's on them as well.

Can you imagine if the TfL roundel appeared in paris? They'd probably
be blocking the roads and burning effigies of Boris.

B2003

Richard J.[_3_] August 15th 11 10:37 AM

RATP

d wrote on 15 August 2011 10:00:15 ...
I see RATP logos have appeared on some london buses. Never thought I'd see
that! When did this happen?

About April I think, after RATP acquired London United.
--
Richard J.

Richard J.[_3_] August 15th 11 10:39 AM

RATP

David Alexander wrote on 15 August 2011 10:42:41 ...
Is that not the same group that now run Manchester Metrolink trams?

Yes, and many other transport operations worldwide.
See http://www.ratpdev.com/_subsidiaries/subsidiaries.php
--
Richard J.

Arthur Figgis August 15th 11 04:58 PM

RATP

On 15/08/2011 11:37, d wrote:

Can you imagine if the TfL roundel appeared in paris? They'd probably
be blocking the roads and burning effigies of Boris.

I'd be amazed if there aren't /any/ in Paris. I've seen LU-esque
roundels (which presumably TfL's laywers and their pointy sticks haven't
found) in Bratislava and Budapest amongst other places.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Ken Wheatley August 15th 11 06:24 PM

RATP

On 2011-08-15 10:37:00 +0000, d said:

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:30:46 +0100
Jim [wake wrote:
In article ,
says...

I see RATP logos have appeared on some london buses. Never thought I'd see
that! When did this happen?

B2003

RATP took over Transdev buses in London last year.

First noticed the current London United/RATP branding around April this
year on routes 10,65 & 94, haven't noticed it on the heritage
Routemasters on the 9 but no doubt it's on them as well.

Can you imagine if the TfL roundel appeared in paris? They'd probably
be blocking the roads and burning effigies of Boris.

B2003

That's not the end of the foreign takover. Abellio buses carry the
Dutch railway (NS) logo.

Arthur Figgis August 16th 11 06:44 AM

RATP

On 2011-08-15 10:37:00 +0000, d said:

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:30:46 +0100
Jim [wake wrote:
In article ,
says...

I see RATP logos have appeared on some london buses. Never thought
I'd see
that! When did this happen?

B2003

RATP took over Transdev buses in London last year.

First noticed the current London United/RATP branding around April this
year on routes 10,65 & 94, haven't noticed it on the heritage
Routemasters on the 9 but no doubt it's on them as well.

Can you imagine if the TfL roundel appeared in paris? They'd probably
be blocking the roads and burning effigies of Boris.

B2003

That's not the end of the foreign takover. Abellio buses carry the Dutch
railway (NS) logo.

Though Arriva buses don't carry the [DB] logo. Yet.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

[email protected] August 16th 11 08:10 AM

RATP

On 2011-08-15 10:37:00 +0000,
d said:

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:30:46 +0100
Jim [wake wrote:
In article ,
says...

I see RATP logos have appeared on some london buses. Never thought
I'd see that! When did this happen?

RATP took over Transdev buses in London last year.

First noticed the current London United/RATP branding around April
this year on routes 10,65 & 94, haven't noticed it on the heritage
Routemasters on the 9 but no doubt it's on them as well.

Can you imagine if the TfL roundel appeared in paris? They'd probably
be blocking the roads and burning effigies of Boris.

That's not the end of the foreign takover. Abellio buses carry the Dutch
railway (NS) logo.

Though Arriva buses don't carry the [DB] logo. Yet.

Yet.

--
Colin Rosenstiel