London Banter

-   -   Crossrail 2 (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12319-crossrail-2-a.html)

Slidecage November 7th 11 05:47 PM

Crossrail 2

On the TfL website, in the Environment Corporate and Planning Panel
notes there are maps of two variants of Crossrail 2 (Appendix 2):

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...v-2011-HS2.pdf

Slidecage

Bruce[_2_] November 7th 11 09:28 PM

Crossrail 2

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:47:42 -0800 (PST), Slidecage
wrote:
On the TfL website, in the Environment Corporate and Planning Panel
notes there are maps of two variants of Crossrail 2 (Appendix 2):
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...v-2011-HS2.pdf

If Crossrail 2 is so essential to the success of HS2, why hasn't the
cost of Crossrail 2 been included in HS2 project costings?

Basil Jet[_2_] November 7th 11 09:43 PM

Crossrail 2

On 2011\11\07 18:47, Slidecage wrote:
On the TfL website, in the Environment Corporate and Planning Panel
notes there are maps of two variants of Crossrail 2 (Appendix 2):

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...v-2011-HS2.pdf

I presume the Seven Sisters to Alexandra Palace branch would be all
tunnel, since the abandoned railway is heavily built upon.

[email protected] November 7th 11 10:56 PM

Crossrail 2

In article ,
(Basil Jet) wrote:

On 2011\11\07 18:47, Slidecage wrote:
On the TfL website, in the Environment Corporate and Planning Panel
notes there are maps of two variants of Crossrail 2 (Appendix 2):

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...v-2011-HS2.pdf

I presume the Seven Sisters to Alexandra Palace branch would be all
tunnel, since the abandoned railway is heavily built upon.

That's what it appears to show. There is no portal shown on that branch.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Mackenzie Soley November 14th 11 04:44 PM

Crossrail 2

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-ECPP-Nov-2011...

I presume the Seven Sisters to Alexandra Palace branch would be all
tunnel, since the abandoned railway is heavily built upon.

The ex Northern Height route terminated at Alexandra Palace and doing
an arc from Finsbury Park. This routing is coming at the Palace from
the completely opposite direction

Basil Jet[_2_] November 14th 11 05:14 PM

Crossrail 2

On 2011\11\14 17:44, Mackenzie Soley wrote:
On Nov 7, 10:43 pm, Basil wrote:
On 2011\11\07 18:47, Slidecage wrote:

On the TfL website, in the Environment Corporate and Planning Panel
notes there are maps of two variants of Crossrail 2 (Appendix 2):

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-ECPP-Nov-2011...

I presume the Seven Sisters to Alexandra Palace branch would be all
tunnel, since the abandoned railway is heavily built upon.

The ex Northern Height route terminated at Alexandra Palace and doing
an arc from Finsbury Park. This routing is coming at the Palace from
the completely opposite direction

There is an abandoned railway from Seven Sisters to Palace Gates and
Bowes Park.
http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/w...en/index.shtml

Paul Scott[_3_] November 14th 11 05:17 PM

Crossrail 2

"Mackenzie Soley" wrote in message
On Nov 7, 10:43 pm, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2011\11\07 18:47, Slidecage wrote:

On the TfL website, in the Environment Corporate and Planning Panel
notes there are maps of two variants of Crossrail 2 (Appendix 2):

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-ECPP-Nov-2011...

I presume the Seven Sisters to Alexandra Palace branch would be all
tunnel, since the abandoned railway is heavily built upon.

The ex Northern Height route terminated at Alexandra Palace and doing
an arc from Finsbury Park. This routing is coming at the Palace from
the completely opposite direction

There was another branch line running NW from Seven Sisters towards
Alexandra Palace though - this was nothing to do with the 'Northern Heights'
proposals, it terminated at Palace Gates, which was a station just east of
the current Alexandra Palace (formerly Wood Green).

Paul S

[email protected] November 14th 11 08:10 PM

Crossrail 2

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

"Mackenzie Soley" wrote in message
.
..
On Nov 7, 10:43 pm, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2011\11\07 18:47, Slidecage wrote:

On the TfL website, in the Environment Corporate and Planning Panel
notes there are maps of two variants of Crossrail 2 (Appendix 2):

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-ECPP-Nov-2011

I presume the Seven Sisters to Alexandra Palace branch would be all
tunnel, since the abandoned railway is heavily built upon.

The ex Northern Height route terminated at Alexandra Palace and doing
an arc from Finsbury Park. This routing is coming at the Palace from
the completely opposite direction

There was another branch line running NW from Seven Sisters towards
Alexandra Palace though - this was nothing to do with the 'Northern
Heights' proposals, it terminated at Palace Gates, which was a
station just east of the current Alexandra Palace (formerly Wood
Green).

Wasn't part of the trackbed taken over by Bounds Green depot?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Nick Leverton November 15th 11 10:01 AM

Crossrail 2

In article ,
wrote:
In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

There was another branch line running NW from Seven Sisters towards
Alexandra Palace though - this was nothing to do with the 'Northern
Heights' proposals, it terminated at Palace Gates, which was a
station just east of the current Alexandra Palace (formerly Wood
Green).

Wasn't part of the trackbed taken over by Bounds Green depot?

Just the very end of it, I believe, mostly occupying the wartime connection
onto the Hertford North line:
http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/p.../index58.shtml
http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/p.../index59.shtml
part of http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/p/palace_gates/ .