London Banter

-   -   Olympic Games - Official TfL Impact Assessment On Tube Services (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12353-olympic-games-official-tfl-impact.html)

Paul November 30th 11 02:23 PM

Olympic Games - Official TfL Impact Assessment On Tube Services

Thought people would be interested to see TfL's official assessment of
the impact of the games on tube services.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/...2/21787.aspx#1

There is a summary for each tube line, plus the DLR and Overground, as
well as individual impact statements for some of the busiest stations.

I wouldn't like to have to commute through London Bridge during the
games.

Roland Perry December 1st 11 06:40 AM

Olympic Games - Official TfL Impact Assessment On Tube Services

In message
, at
07:23:22 on Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Paul remarked:
Thought people would be interested to see TfL's official assessment of
the impact of the games on tube services.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/...2/21787.aspx#1

There is a summary for each tube line, plus the DLR and Overground, as
well as individual impact statements for some of the busiest stations.

I wouldn't like to have to commute through London Bridge during the
games.

Was a draft of this study done before we bid to have the games, or was
it assumed "everything will be alright on the night"?

Is there a similar chart for the Javelin and GEML services?

Paul December 1st 11 07:15 AM

On Dec 1, 7:40*am, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
07:23:22 on Wed, 30 Nov 2011, Paul remarked:

Thought people would be interested to see TfL's official assessment of
the impact of the games on tube services.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/...2/21787.aspx#1

There is a summary for each tube line, plus the DLR and Overground, as
well as individual impact statements for some of the busiest stations.

I wouldn't like to have to commute through London Bridge during the
games.

Was a draft of this study done before we bid to have the games, or was
it assumed "everything will be alright on the night"?

Is there a similar chart for the Javelin and GEML services?

This is on the South Eastern site

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/news/olympics/

There is some information on the NXEA site, but it just mentions extra
work at Stratford station.

Interestingly, there is no assessment for the Bakerloo Line, even
though there is an assessment for Baker Street, which says that the
station will be busy with people travelling to and from Wembley. I
know most people will probably use the Jubilee Line for that journey,
but the Bakerloo to and from Wembley Central could be an alternative.

Robin[_4_] December 1st 11 08:52 AM

Olympic Games - Official TfL Impact Assessment On Tube Services

Was a draft of this study done before we bid to have the games, or was
it assumed "everything will be alright on the night"?

Lol! From a bid team that didn't bother to budget for improving
transport outside the Olympic park, contingencies, tax, security or
policing?

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Roland Perry December 1st 11 09:44 AM

Olympic Games - Official TfL Impact Assessment On Tube Services

In message
, at
00:15:36 on Thu, 1 Dec 2011, Paul remarked:
This is on the South Eastern site

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/news/olympics/

Interesting that they are running Javelins every 7min up until 2am. They
must think the midnight crowds will take a while to disperse - or just
making sure they get everyone away? (I still think departures from
mainline stations to the rest of UK are too early for many people
staying until the end of the late-night sessions, but the fact you can
roll over tickets to the next morning probably means camp beds for
many).

Barry Salter December 1st 11 09:53 AM

On 01/12/2011 08:15, Paul wrote:

Interestingly, there is no assessment for the Bakerloo Line, even
though there is an assessment for Baker Street, which says that the
station will be busy with people travelling to and from Wembley. I
know most people will probably use the Jubilee Line for that journey,
but the Bakerloo to and from Wembley Central could be an alternative.

No assessment for Marylebone either, which has both the Bakerloo Line to
Wembley Central and direct trains to Wembley Stadium taking 10 minutes
or so...

Cheers,

Barry

Recliner[_2_] December 1st 11 09:57 AM

,
at 00:15:36 on Thu, 1 Dec 2011, Paul remarked:
This is on the South Eastern site

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/news/olympics/

Interesting that they are running Javelins every 7min up until 2am.
They must think the midnight crowds will take a while to disperse -
or just making sure they get everyone away? (I still think departures
from mainline stations to the rest of UK are too early for many people
staying until the end of the late-night sessions, but the fact you can
roll over tickets to the next morning probably means camp beds for
many).

Aren't many of the events staged late in the evenings, to suit US TV
schedules? And then the crowds of spectators may have a slow, longish
walk to get to the station.

Roland Perry December 1st 11 11:51 AM

Olympic Games - Official TfL Impact Assessment On Tube Services

In message , at 10:57:53 on
Thu, 1 Dec 2011, Recliner remarked:

Aren't many of the events staged late in the evenings, to suit US TV
schedules?

Basketball is one of the later sports, so you may be correct.

And then the crowds of spectators may have a slow, longish
walk to get to the station.

If the event ends at midnight I don't rate people's chances getting a
1am train home, even from KX or St Pancras.

Recliner[_2_] December 1st 11 12:21 PM

Olympic Games - Official TfL Impact Assessment On Tube Services

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

In message , at 10:57:53 on
Thu, 1 Dec 2011, Recliner remarked:

Aren't many of the events staged late in the evenings, to suit US TV
schedules?

Basketball is one of the later sports, so you may be correct.

And then the crowds of spectators may have a slow, longish
walk to get to the station.

If the event ends at midnight I don't rate people's chances getting a
1am train home, even from KX or St Pancras.

Presumably out-of-towners attending late events will be staying
overnight in London (or plan to get early morning trains out). Getting
back to the centre will allow them to get to central London hotels or
possibly use the Tube (which will also have a later closing time during
the Olympics).

Roland Perry December 1st 11 01:19 PM

Olympic Games - Official TfL Impact Assessment On Tube Services

In message , at 13:21:10 on
Thu, 1 Dec 2011, Recliner remarked:
Aren't many of the events staged late in the evenings, to suit US TV
schedules?

Basketball is one of the later sports, so you may be correct.

And then the crowds of spectators may have a slow, longish
walk to get to the station.

If the event ends at midnight I don't rate people's chances getting a
1am train home, even from KX or St Pancras.

Presumably out-of-towners attending late events will be staying
overnight in London (or plan to get early morning trains out). Getting
back to the centre will allow them to get to central London hotels or
possibly use the Tube (which will also have a later closing time during
the Olympics).

I doubt that hotels will be either available or affordable. We are only
talking about people living 1-2hrs from London, but even their enhanced
Olympic-week service ends a bit too early, IMHO.