London Banter

-   -   LUL staff - pay slips (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1236-lul-staff-pay-slips.html)

[email protected] January 6th 04 04:46 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

I see that under the new SAP system, annual leave (including Bank holidays
which are classed as annual leave) is now shown as "paid absence". So, it
seems, we are no longer given leave, just paid to be absent.

In a related issue, was the Northern Line the only line to be completely
shagged by the new SAP system which took over from HRS/SUTOR or whatever
it was called last? Caused absolute chaos with nobody knowing what duties
they were supposed to be doing.

Roger

Steve Fitzgerald January 6th 04 08:09 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message ,
writes
I see that under the new SAP system, annual leave (including Bank holidays
which are classed as annual leave) is now shown as "paid absence". So, it
seems, we are no longer given leave, just paid to be absent.

Yes, I noticed that too. Didn't worry too much as I still got paid
roughly what I expected. Mind you, the new font is bloody small!

In a related issue, was the Northern Line the only line to be completely
shagged by the new SAP system which took over from HRS/SUTOR or whatever
it was called last? Caused absolute chaos with nobody knowing what duties
they were supposed to be doing.

From the conversation I heard this afternoon at AGR booking on point,
it's still an ongoing issue. They were, apparently, pleasantly
surprised that someone booked on for duties that appeared to be
uncovered. (Perhaps SD of this parish might like to elucidate, as I saw
him wandering about there today :-))

Steve Dulieu January 6th 04 09:59 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message ,
writes
I see that under the new SAP system, annual leave (including Bank

holidays
which are classed as annual leave) is now shown as "paid absence". So, it
seems, we are no longer given leave, just paid to be absent.

Yes, I noticed that too. Didn't worry too much as I still got paid
roughly what I expected. Mind you, the new font is bloody small!

In a related issue, was the Northern Line the only line to be completely
shagged by the new SAP system which took over from HRS/SUTOR or whatever
it was called last? Caused absolute chaos with nobody knowing what duties
they were supposed to be doing.

I think the most accurate discription of SAP would be "Unmitigated disaster"

From the conversation I heard this afternoon at AGR booking on point,
it's still an ongoing issue. They were, apparently, pleasantly
surprised that someone booked on for duties that appeared to be
uncovered. (Perhaps SD of this parish might like to elucidate, as I saw
him wandering about there today :-))

The way the coverage is at Arnos these days Steve, we're always glad of an
extra body...:-) Of course it tends to mean that somewhere we've got a train
looking for a driver...
--
Cheers, Steve.
If The Good Lord had meant for us to be fiscally prudent, He would not have

Steve Fitzgerald January 7th 04 12:20 AM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

From the conversation I heard this afternoon at AGR booking on point,
it's still an ongoing issue. They were, apparently, pleasantly
surprised that someone booked on for duties that appeared to be
uncovered. (Perhaps SD of this parish might like to elucidate, as I saw
him wandering about there today :-))

The way the coverage is at Arnos these days Steve, we're always glad of an
extra body...:-) Of course it tends to mean that somewhere we've got a train
looking for a driver...

In which case, I'm happy to offer my services from next Thursday :-)

Robin Mayes January 7th 04 04:17 AM

LUL staff - pay slips

wrote in message
I see that under the new SAP system, annual leave (including Bank holidays
which are classed as annual leave) is now shown as "paid absence". So, it
seems, we are no longer given leave, just paid to be absent.

And nobody seems to know what the other codes mean! I spoke to local admin,
employee relations, payroll services and the SAP helpdesk!

Kat January 7th 04 03:03 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

wrote in message
I see that under the new SAP system, annual leave (including Bank holidays
which are classed as annual leave) is now shown as "paid absence". So, it
seems, we are no longer given leave, just paid to be absent.

And nobody seems to know what the other codes mean! I spoke to local admin,
employee relations, payroll services and the SAP helpdesk!

Try using the intranet to find out what the SAP means apart from the
obvious... I'll be at the RVP when you're done ;-)
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Robin Mayes January 7th 04 03:53 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

"Kat" wrote in message

Try using the intranet to find out what the SAP means apart from the
obvious...

Staff Assembly Point or Station Annunciation Point?

I'll be at the RVP when you're done ;-)

Woohoo! I've pulled ;-)

Kat January 7th 04 04:08 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"Kat" wrote in message

Try using the intranet to find out what the SAP means apart from the
obvious...

Staff Assembly Point or Station Annunciation Point?

Last one is new to me; we don't have any of those (do we?) unless it's
that touch-screen thing with which you can frighten smokers in ten
different languages.
Don't you remember those nicely printed and totally obscure leaflets
which arrived telling us how good HRSAP is, now it's been changed?
It took us a long time to find out what it meant and even then we were
still mystified.

I'll be at the RVP when you're done ;-)

Woohoo! I've pulled ;-)

And in better time than LFB..
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Robin Mayes January 7th 04 06:13 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

"Kat" wrote in message

Staff Assembly Point or Station Annunciation Point?

Last one is new to me;

It's the 'offical' name for the platform P.A. points

we don't have any of those (do we?) unless it's
that touch-screen thing with which you can frighten smokers in ten
different languages.

You mean those nice new shiny DVAs that allow us to bombard customers with
"Good services are operating" every 2 minutes?

Don't you remember those nicely printed and totally obscure leaflets
which arrived telling us how good HRSAP is, now it's been changed?
It took us a long time to find out what it meant and even then we were
still mystified.

Having been about since before signal control centres and OPO only on the
District I'm just cynical when they tell us "this new system is wonderful
and will work properly straight away". Thinks about the '92 stock,
especially the fun days at Oxford Cirus resetting tripcocks with a paddle!

"Electricity, it'll never last!" as my Grandmother said.

Kat January 7th 04 08:38 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"Kat" wrote in message
You mean those nice new shiny DVAs that allow us to bombard customers with
"Good services are operating" every 2 minutes?

Yes, them.
But did you know that judicious use of the radio-mike (whose proper
appellation escapes me at present) can edit those with quite interesting
results..

Don't you remember those nicely printed and totally obscure leaflets
which arrived telling us how good HRSAP is, now it's been changed?
It took us a long time to find out what it meant and even then we were
still mystified.

Having been about since before signal control centres and OPO only on the
District I'm just cynical when they tell us "this new system is wonderful
and will work properly straight away". Thinks about the '92 stock,
especially the fun days at Oxford Cirus resetting tripcocks with a paddle!

And a gravy boat?

"Electricity, it'll never last!" as my Grandmother said.

ROFL,
So you don't know what it means either...
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Richard J. January 7th 04 08:44 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

Robin Mayes wrote:
"Kat" wrote in message

Staff Assembly Point or Station Annunciation Point?

Last one is new to me;

It's the 'offical' name for the platform P.A. points

we don't have any of those (do we?) unless it's
that touch-screen thing with which you can frighten smokers in ten
different languages.

You mean those nice new shiny DVAs that allow us to bombard customers
with "Good services are operating" every 2 minutes?

Are you lot trying to beat the record for the largest number of acronyms in
a single thread? So far we've had SAP, HRS/SUTOR, AGR, RVP, HRSAP, LFB,
DVA.

Reminds me of the Company Announcement from HR (sorry, Personnel) that
announced an appointment to a new post of Director of XYZ (I forget the
actual acronym) without ever explaining what XYZ was. So I e-mailed the HR
Director, saying innocently that I didn't recognise that particular TLA.
And she replied "What's a TLA?"

--
Richard J.

Kat January 7th 04 08:57 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message , Richard J.
writes
Are you lot trying to beat the record for the largest number of acronyms in
a single thread? So far we've had SAP, HRS/SUTOR, AGR, RVP, HRSAP, LFB,
DVA.

Reminds me of the Company Announcement from HR (sorry, Personnel) that
announced an appointment to a new post of Director of XYZ (I forget the
actual acronym) without ever explaining what XYZ was. So I e-mailed the HR
Director, saying innocently that I didn't recognise that particular TLA.
And she replied "What's a TLA?"

LOL. Priceless...
Acronyms are one of the joys of the underground
(as I keep telling myself while safely locked in the GLAP )
I really believe that somewhere within 55 Broadway there's a little room
whose occupants do nothing but dream up new words to confuse us.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Steve Fitzgerald January 7th 04 09:04 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message , Kat
writes

And nobody seems to know what the other codes mean! I spoke to local admin,
employee relations, payroll services and the SAP helpdesk!

Try using the intranet to find out what the SAP means apart from the
obvious... I'll be at the RVP when you're done ;-)

Unfortunately, 'using the intranet' has become a cover all for
everything LUL information these days. Not everybody has access to the
intranet, (drivers, at least, unless you are part of the Acton Town
experiment) so I for one never get to find these things out.

Robin Mayes January 7th 04 09:05 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

"Kat" wrote in message

I really believe that somewhere within 55 Broadway there's a little room
whose occupants do nothing but dream up new words to confuse us.

I'll raise your little room to 3 floors of the Ivory Tower!

Kat January 7th 04 09:22 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
In message , Kat
writes

And nobody seems to know what the other codes mean! I spoke to local admin,
employee relations, payroll services and the SAP helpdesk!

Try using the intranet to find out what the SAP means apart from the
obvious... I'll be at the RVP when you're done ;-)

Unfortunately, 'using the intranet' has become a cover all for
everything LUL information these days. Not everybody has access to the
intranet, (drivers, at least, unless you are part of the Acton Town
experiment) so I for one never get to find these things out.

I thought we were all getting access to the intranet; seem to remember
reading it in a TC months ago. As yet though, only supervisors/above and
union officials are allowed an email address and to log on.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Kat January 7th 04 10:03 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"Kat" wrote in message

I really believe that somewhere within 55 Broadway there's a little room
whose occupants do nothing but dream up new words to confuse us.

I'll raise your little room to 3 floors of the Ivory Tower!

How sad that they have to work in the lift.... we've got a nice little
room under the stairs on the w/b; I'll get the mice thrown out and
suggest it as a Good Idea.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Steve Dulieu January 7th 04 10:16 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

"Kat" wrote in message
In message , Richard J.
writes
Are you lot trying to beat the record for the largest number of acronyms

in
a single thread? So far we've had SAP, HRS/SUTOR, AGR, RVP, HRSAP, LFB,
DVA.

Reminds me of the Company Announcement from HR (sorry, Personnel) that
announced an appointment to a new post of Director of XYZ (I forget the
actual acronym) without ever explaining what XYZ was. So I e-mailed the

HR
Director, saying innocently that I didn't recognise that particular TLA.
And she replied "What's a TLA?"

LOL. Priceless...
Acronyms are one of the joys of the underground
(as I keep telling myself while safely locked in the GLAP )
I really believe that somewhere within 55 Broadway there's a little room
whose occupants do nothing but dream up new words to confuse us.

I got an e-mail today informing me that I had been booked onto some course
or the other. I was to present myself at the SFA on the first floor of
Ashfield House at 08:45 on the day concerned. After much scratching of the
head (wearing out what little hair remains I might add) I gave up and gave
L&D a ring. I was told that SFA stood for "Soft Furnishing Area" by someone
who couldn't see that "waiting room" or "waiting area" might just be a
little less opaque. At this point I gave a soft whimper and went back to the
standard DMT pastime of smacking my head with a shoe lifting paddle until it
was time to stop and go and get hog-whimperingly drunk.

Kat January 8th 04 03:54 AM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

I got an e-mail today informing me that I had been booked onto some course
or the other. I was to present myself at the SFA on the first floor of
Ashfield House at 08:45 on the day concerned. After much scratching of the
head (wearing out what little hair remains I might add) I gave up and gave
L&D a ring. I was told that SFA stood for "Soft Furnishing Area" by someone
who couldn't see that "waiting room" or "waiting area" might just be a
little less opaque. At this point I gave a soft whimper and went back to the
standard DMT pastime of smacking my head with a shoe lifting paddle until it
was time to stop and go and get hog-whimperingly drunk.

I couldn't stop laughing at this last night when I thought it time to
get some sleep and even now at bleary-eyed sparrow fart it's still
making me laugh..
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Robin Mayes January 8th 04 09:01 AM

LUL staff - pay slips

"Kat" wrote in message

I thought we were all getting access to the intranet; seem to remember
reading it in a TC months ago. As yet though, only supervisors/above and
union officials are allowed an email address and to log on.

Despite the fact I read somewhere on it that all staff can have an account,
subject to management authorising it...

You need to think of a project Kat, with your next P&D with your DSM. May I
suggest something like:

"Provide a business case for providing a GSCR and the raising of QSI and MSS
figures!" or "The conflict between SATS enforcing the PTI vs QSI
requirements"?

Paul Corfield January 8th 04 05:43 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:01:42 -0000, "Robin Mayes"
wrote:

"Kat" wrote in message

I thought we were all getting access to the intranet; seem to remember
reading it in a TC months ago. As yet though, only supervisors/above and
union officials are allowed an email address and to log on.

Despite the fact I read somewhere on it that all staff can have an account,
subject to management authorising it...

You need to think of a project Kat, with your next P&D with your DSM. May I
suggest something like:

"Provide a business case for providing a GSCR and the raising of QSI and MSS
figures!" or "The conflict between SATS enforcing the PTI vs QSI
requirements"?

*chortle*

I'll provide the answers for a small consultancy fee ;-)
--
Paul C

Kat January 8th 04 06:32 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
wrote:

"Kat" wrote in message

I thought we were all getting access to the intranet; seem to remember
reading it in a TC months ago. As yet though, only supervisors/above and
union officials are allowed an email address and to log on.

Despite the fact I read somewhere on it that all staff can have an account,
subject to management authorising it...

You need to think of a project Kat, with your next P&D with your DSM. May I
suggest something like:

"Provide a business case for providing a GSCR and the raising of QSI and MSS
figures!" or "The conflict between SATS enforcing the PTI vs QSI
requirements"?

*chortle*

I'll provide the answers for a small consultancy fee ;-)

You'd need to come and do SATS during the evening peak to see the extent
of the problem.

And anyway do you really want to deprive me of something new to mystify
the DSMs with?
So far I've found a piece of paper with TURN OVER printed on both sides
keeps them occupied for hours....
;-)
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

[email protected] January 8th 04 06:57 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

In article ,
(Kat) wrote:

[...]

All I/Ops, or at least on the Northern Line, should have an e-mail address
and Intranet access. Whether they use it or not is another matter. I
assume it is the same on all lines. I've had mine since the 90's when it
used to be dial-in prior to the current network system being introduced.

What really annoys me with the Intranet is you can't find anything on it.
You eventually get the page you want, add it to the favourites and two
weeks later it's gone because they've changed the layout and location yet
again. Everybody complains about it and how hard it is to navigate. It
must be a ploy to keep everything hidden!

Roger

Paul Corfield January 8th 04 08:27 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:32:32 +0000, Kat
wrote:

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
wrote:
"Provide a business case for providing a GSCR and the raising of QSI and MSS
figures!" or "The conflict between SATS enforcing the PTI vs QSI
requirements"?

*chortle*

I'll provide the answers for a small consultancy fee ;-)

You'd need to come and do SATS during the evening peak to see the extent
of the problem.

Is that an invite? I can imagine there is a great conflict at Mile End
between punctual departures, ensuring safety and not causing world war
three for yourself by not maintaining cross platform interchange between
the District and Central.

And anyway do you really want to deprive me of something new to mystify
the DSMs with?
So far I've found a piece of paper with TURN OVER printed on both sides
keeps them occupied for hours....
;-)

Oh dear - that's not a nice thing to say about your immediate
management.
--
Paul C

Kat January 8th 04 09:04 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
wrote:
You'd need to come and do SATS during the evening peak to see the extent
of the problem.

Is that an invite? I can imagine there is a great conflict at Mile End
between punctual departures, ensuring safety and not causing world war
three for yourself by not maintaining cross platform interchange between
the District and Central.

That's true.
I've been trying to get Mile End seen as a special case for a while.
It's not the first time this issue has been raised here.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?R2CB11107

And anyway do you really want to deprive me of something new to mystify
the DSMs with?
So far I've found a piece of paper with TURN OVER printed on both sides
keeps them occupied for hours....
;-)

Oh dear - that's not a nice thing to say about your immediate
management.

Nor blondes either for that matter (that being a freely adapted *Blonde*
joke)

We have our job to do and they have theirs; on the whole we all rub
along well together.
I have nothing but praise for the way our management handled the
disruption on the Central early last year when our group was pretty much
the focus as the service was resumed. It was an interesting time for all
of us.
Just to set the record straight!
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

District Dave January 9th 04 09:06 AM

LUL staff - pay slips

All I/Ops, or at least on the Northern Line, should have an e-mail address
and Intranet access. Whether they use it or not is another matter. I
assume it is the same on all lines. I've had mine since the 90's when it
used to be dial-in prior to the current network system being introduced.

What really annoys me with the Intranet is you can't find anything on it.
You eventually get the page you want, add it to the favourites and two
weeks later it's gone because they've changed the layout and location yet
again. Everybody complains about it and how hard it is to navigate. It
must be a ploy to keep everything hidden!

Roger

Yup - we get them on the District too and is the standardmethod of
finding out what you're training duties are - at least that's the
theory.....

I agree 100% the Intranet - and I never have enough time
available to *really* get into it - all I can grab is a few minutes
(usually in my own time)and then, as you say Roger, by the time you
next use it, it's all changed!

I suspect the ploy is that some otherwise underemployed IT type spends
his life fiddling with it to appear gainfully occupied!

Bob Adams January 9th 04 09:43 PM

LUL staff - pay slips

In message , District
Dave writes
I agree 100% the Intranet - and I never have enough time
available to *really* get into it - all I can grab is a few minutes
(usually in my own time)and then, as you say Roger, by the time you
next use it, it's all changed!

I suspect the ploy is that some otherwise underemployed IT type spends
his life fiddling with it to appear gainfully occupied!

You have incoming.

--
Bob Adams (email to )