London Banter

-   -   Oystercard helpline - non-geographic equivalent? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1253-oystercard-helpline-non-geographic-equivalent.html)

Steph Davies January 9th 04 05:23 PM

Oystercard helpline - non-geographic equivalent?

I'm looking for a non-geographic equivalent of 0845 330 9876.

If they are going to keep me on hold for hours at a time I don't want
to pay for the privilege!

TIA,
Steph

Joe January 10th 04 11:58 AM

"Stickems" wrote in message
Don't you mean geographic equivalent?

Thats why she corrected herself
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the

Jason January 11th 04 01:40 AM

Oystercard helpline - non-geographic equivalent?

On 9 Jan 2004 10:23:31 -0800, (Steph Davies)
wrote:

I'm looking for a non-geographic equivalent of 0845 330 9876.

If they are going to keep me on hold for hours at a time I don't want
to pay for the privilege!

There's also an option to press 1 (or something) to be called back by
the next staff member.

Used this the other day to keep my call cost down when it was getting
obvious the queue wasn't moving quickly...

Cheers,

Jason.

Dave Newt January 11th 04 10:34 AM

wrote:

I'm looking for a non-geographic equivalent of 0845 330 9876.

If they are going to keep me on hold for hours at a time I don't want
to pay for the privilege!

There's also an option to press 1 (or something) to be called back by
the next staff member.

Used this the other day to keep my call cost down when it was getting
obvious the queue wasn't moving quickly...

I tried that once.

Do they actually bother phoning people back now? They never did me...

Anon January 11th 04 11:55 AM

Oystercard helpline - non-geographic equivalent?

I phoned the helpline yesterday(Saturday) at 17.00 and was only second in
the queue. However when I spoke to someone I was informed that there
information is 24 hours out of date so of no use to me. If you have a
problem remember to wait 24 hours before call.

Jason January 12th 04 01:45 AM

Oystercard helpline - non-geographic equivalent?

wrote:

I'm looking for a non-geographic equivalent of 0845 330 9876.

If they are going to keep me on hold for hours at a time I don't want
to pay for the privilege!

There's also an option to press 1 (or something) to be called back by
the next staff member.

Do they actually bother phoning people back now? They never did me...

Yes - as of last Friday they were!

Cheers,

Jason.