London Banter

-   -   Two Heads Are Better Than One: Where Did Graham Bond Die? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12809-two-heads-better-than-one.html)

Offramp December 20th 11 04:50 PM

Two Heads Are Better Than One: Where Did Graham Bond Die?

It is a long shot, but it just might work....
The musician Graham Bond died on the tracks at Finsbury Park Station
on the 8th May 1974 at the age of 36.
I was wondering - which platform did he fall from?

contrex December 20th 11 05:35 PM

Two Heads Are Better Than One: Where Did Graham Bond Die?

Northbound Victoria Line ISTR

Offramp December 20th 11 07:59 PM

On Dec 20, 6:35*pm, contrex wrote:
Northbound Victoria Line ISTR

Thank you!
I'm not morbid... just curious. I thought it would be the Overground.

contrex December 21st 11 03:08 PM

Two Heads Are Better Than One: Where Did Graham Bond Die?

There wasn't any "Overground" in 1974.

Basil Jet[_2_] December 21st 11 03:37 PM

On 2011\12\21 16:08, contrex wrote:
There wasn't any "Overground" in 1974.

And yet the station now known as Alexandra Palace was colloquially known
as "`wood Green Overground" at that time.

contrex December 21st 11 04:17 PM

On Wednesday, 21 December 2011 16:37:17 UTC, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2011\12\21 16:08, contrex wrote:
There wasn't any "Overground" in 1974.

And yet the station now known as Alexandra Palace was colloquially known
as "`wood Green Overground" at that time.

Raised as I was in Herne Hill, I have long since ceased to be surprised at how stupid North Londoners can be.