Old January 6th 12, 04:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Have a Countdown display next to your toaster.

Have a Countdown display next to your toaster.

Or on your office door

I missed this last September when Countdown went on net.

http://berglondon.com/blog/2011/09/1...bus-network-ho
me

If you want to try it with your Kindle (3G or Wi-Fi) or other device
just point the web browser at :-

http://bus.abscond.org/

bus stop search and 15 second auto update.

Which also solves the problem I reported last year that the Kindle
browser doesn't play nice with http:/countdown.tfl.gov.uk - nothing
gets in the search box

So I was using the bookmark
http://m.countdown.tfl.gov.uk/arrivals/75880 and changing the 5 digit
TfL bus stop number from 75880 to whatever is on the bus stop code
plate (example Text 75880 to 87287).

Now I can do a proper search, though giving too little info seems the
best. "Wood Street" gives a long list to select from but "Wood Street
Kingston" gives nothing.

--
Mike D

Old January 6th 12, 05:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 06/01/2012 17:14, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
Have a Countdown display next to your toaster.
If you want to try it with your Kindle (3G or Wi-Fi) or other device
just point the web browser at :-

http://bus.abscond.org/

That works very well, thanks for setting it up. Could you also allow
entry of the 5-digit number, most bus stops show them and it takes fewer
keystrokes?

--
Clive Page
Old January 6th 12, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 6, 6:02*pm, Clive Page wrote:

On 06/01/2012 17:14, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

Have a Countdown display next to your toaster.
If you want to try it with your Kindle (3G or Wi-Fi) or other device
just point the web browser at :-

http://bus.abscond.org/

That works very well, thanks for setting it up. *Could you also allow
entry of the 5-digit number, most bus stops show them and it takes fewer
keystrokes?

If you look at the blog the OP linked to, you'll see it's actually the
work of one James Darling (who seemingly knocks up stuff like this in
the odd spare twenty minutes!) - I'm sure he'd be open to suggestions

http://berglondon.com/blog/2011/09/1...-network-home/
or via http://tinyurl.com/7br3vgp
Old January 6th 12, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote

via said blog:

http://berglondon.com/blog/2011/09/1...bus-network-ho
me/
or via http://tinyurl.com/7br3vgp

Yes. I might be able to understand the posted code but a mod is another
matter.

Since the url for the display after a search is of the form

http://bus.abscond.org/stop/75880

You can bookmark it and alter it in the browser address bar at the bus
stop just like

http://m.countdown.tfl.gov.uk/arrivals/75880

Adding the destination helps for stops on a "tea cup" section of route

and displaying multiple stops so you can decide which to walk to or to
serve an office with staff wanting multiple destination would be handy

and the ultimate would be to interlace
the infomation from http://nextbuses.mobi (same stops, different codes)
so you could get information on non-TfL buses also (example, Hampton
Court Gardens).

--
Mike D