London Banter

-   -   Heathrow question (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12880-heathrow-question.html)

Clive January 31st 12 01:44 AM

Heathrow question

In message , d
writes
As a slight aside, there's a public road that runs past the end of the
runway at Gatwick. But woe betide anyone who stops there to watch the planes -
as we found out the police turn up in minutes and move you on with no messing
about.

On Mythbusters a while back, they showed a car being rolled over off of
the road by the thrust from the engines of a 737.
--
Clive

Denis McMahon[_4_] January 31st 12 08:34 AM

Heathrow question

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 02:44:20 +0000, Clive wrote:

On Mythbusters a while back, they showed a car being rolled over off of
the road by the thrust from the engines of a 737.

I believe TopGear has done something similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ9uWsvR1l0

Features Hamster, Mondeo, 2CV and a 747.

Rgds

Denis McMahon