Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 2nd 12, 08:20 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default In Greater London ?

In message of Thu, 1
Mar 2012 22:19:25 in uk.railway, Jim Hawkins
writes
Tony Dragon wrote:
On 01/03/2012 21:35, Jim Hawkins wrote:
How do I find out if a particular railway station is considered to
be in the Greater London area for Oyster/Travelcard purposes - apart
from actually going to it
and asking ?
My present stations of interest are Marlow and Maidenhead, but is
there a definitive
list anywhere ?

Neither Marlow nor Maidenhead is in the Oyster area.
I trust Crossrail will alter that for those who live so long.

Jim Hawkins

Yes Tony, I knew about the map, but it's virtually useless unless you can
print it out greatly enlarged, which I certainly can't. I know you can
enlarge bits of it on-screen using Adobe Reader, but I'd much prefer a
simple text list of stations (which I can print out), or better, a printed
copy of the map about the size of an OS Landranger map.
Are either of those available I wonder ?

The Single Fare Finder at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/faresandtic
kets/farefinder/current/default.aspx contains an alphabetic list of
stations in its source. If you can't extract that list, I will email one
as a .txt file

It reads
stations[0] = "Abbey Road";
stations[1] = "Abbey Wood [National Rail]";
stations[2] = "Acton Central";
stations[621] = "Woolwich Arsenal";
stations[622] = "Woolwich Dockyard [National Rail]";
stations[623] = "Worcester Park [National Rail]";

I have only recently discovered how to drive that URL from the address
bar. e.g. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...ts/farefinder/
current/default.aspx?mode=alternate&on=City+Thameslink+[National+Rail]&d
n=Battersea+Park+[National+Rail]&ft=Adult
That gives full information. I have not found out how to get the partial
information which the fare finder returns by default.
City Thameslink and Battersea Park is the only completely asymmetrically
priced journey in the fare finder. I flagged this to the Oyster Customer
Service Centre. It seems the journey is classed as being in zone 2,
rather than between zone 1 and 2.

Slightly less technical is the 2nd page of London Rail and Tube services
map http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...rail-and-tube-
services-map.pdf - a list of stations. Copy and paste each column in
turn and remove the grid squares.

I have added uk.transport.london to newsgroups.
--
Walter Briscoe