London Banter

-   -   Borismaster battery (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13014-borismaster-battery.html)

Stephen[_2_] April 23rd 12 12:42 AM

Borismaster battery

Does anyone know where the battery is on the Borismaster? It must be very
large since the Borismaster seems to run with the engine off most of the
time. But there doesn't seem to be a space for a giant battery.

Offramp April 23rd 12 07:27 AM

Borismaster battery

On Monday, 23 April 2012 01:42:12 UTC+1, Stephen wrote:
Does anyone know where the battery is on the Borismaster? It must be very
large since the Borismaster seems to run with the engine off most of the
time. But there doesn't seem to be a space for a giant battery.

Sellotaped to the top of the conductress's head LOROL!

HobbsLane April 24th 12 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen[_2_] (Post 130011)
Does anyone know where the battery is on the Borismaster? It must be very
large since the Borismaster seems to run with the engine off most of the
time. But there doesn't seem to be a space for a giant battery.

I have asked myself this question many times, and the educated conclusion I have come to is that the batteries are stacked under the front stairs? Certainly there is an awful lot of room in there, so I have a vision of giant mobile phone style batteries (each one about three feet square and 6" thick) stacked up in there, "But that's just a guess". However, I do know for a fact that there is a 4.5L Cummins diesel engine located under the rear stairs, and that this engine charges up the batteries (wherever they are), as and when they need charging!

Nice Bus, and I just hope Boris gets back in as Mayor, so that we can have many more of these on our streets in the coming years, (Ken says that he will axe them if he is elected).