London Banter

-   -   Crossrail; Phyllis starts digging? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13044-crossrail-phyllis-starts-digging.html)

Jim Chisholm May 7th 12 05:08 PM

Crossrail; Phyllis starts digging?

I surprised that although is is mentioned on London Reconnections see:
http://www.londonreconnections.com/

It has not been mentioned here. There is a Crossrail press release see:
http://www.crossrail.co.uk/news/pres...k#.T6gAKb9JgXk

When is 'she' expected to pop out under Eastbourne Terrace at Paddington?

Jim

Paul Scott[_3_] May 7th 12 06:16 PM

"Jim Chisholm" wrote in message

I surprised that although is is mentioned on London Reconnections see:
http://www.londonreconnections.com/

It has not been mentioned here. There is a Crossrail press release see:
http://www.crossrail.co.uk/news/pres...k#.T6gAKb9JgXk

When is 'she' expected to pop out under Eastbourne Terrace at Paddington?

I'm not sure that she (or they) will. I'm sure I read somewhere that the
TBMs will have passed through the Paddington site before the box is built
round the tunnels. Obviously not all the station tunnel widening is to be
done the same way, clearly at Canary Wharf the box is definitely already
there...

Paul S