London Banter

-   -   Ta,king the PIS at East Putney (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13049-ta-king-pis-east-putney.html)

[email protected] May 10th 12 10:06 AM

Ta,king the PIS at East Putney

In article , ] (Steve
Fitzgerald) wrote:

In message ,
writes

I'm not sure the ins and outs of the TDs at East Putney but I gather
it's something to do with being controlled by National Rail from
Wimbledon. They release trains from the platform there on demand and
not to a program machine which usually drives these TDs

Will that get sorted out in the SSL resignalling, does anyone know?

I do notice that on arrival at Putney Bridge EB, there are 2 TDs on
the platform; the first one always has the generic destination as you
describe, the second one updates itself as I approach it to the
correct destination.

Hmm. I must look out for that next time I'm passing.

--
Colin Rosenstiel