London Banter

-   -   East London Line closed this Sunday for resignalling work (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13061-east-london-line-closed-sunday.html)

Basil Jet[_2_] May 17th 12 04:46 PM

East London Line closed this Sunday for resignalling work

How can that be necessary on a line that only opened two years ago?

Paul Scott[_3_] May 17th 12 04:48 PM

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

How can that be necessary on a line that only opened two years ago?

I'd put my money on integrating and testing of the junction signalling for
the SLL connection.

Paul S

[email protected] May 22nd 12 12:18 PM

East London Line closed this Sunday for resignalling work

On May 17, 8:50*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 17 May 2012 17:48:06 +0100, "Paul Scott"

wrote:
"Basil Jet" wrote in message

How can that be necessary on a line that only opened two years ago?

I'd put my money on integrating and testing of the junction signalling for
the SLL connection.

I would agree - especially as the power to the third rail is due for
switch on soon so it makes sense to do the signalling integration now
to reduce the need for electrical isolations over a wider area in
future. *I wonder if the junction near Queens Rd Peckham is also
signalled in.
--
Paul C

What are the names of the new junctions for this line?

Paul Scott[_3_] May 22nd 12 05:32 PM

wrote in message

What are the names of the new junctions for this line?

The Network Rail end of the re-opened spur is definitely Old Kent Rd Jn.

Can't confirm the other from a source document, as it isn't on NR
infrastructure - but it usually is referred to as Deptford Rd Jn, although I
don't see such a named road there nowadays?

Paul S

Paul Scott[_3_] May 23rd 12 08:23 AM

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
wrote in message

What are the names of the new junctions for this line?

The Network Rail end of the re-opened spur is definitely Old Kent Rd Jn.

Can't confirm the other from a source document, as it isn't on NR
infrastructure - but it usually is referred to as Deptford Rd Jn, although
I don't see such a named road there nowadays?

Er... Ignore that, I've now found a note in Quail Vol 5 to it being the
future 'Silwood Junction'.

(I hadn't even thought it might be in there, as it was well into the future
when the book came out...)

Paul S

PhilD May 23rd 12 07:51 PM

East London Line closed this Sunday for resignalling work

On May 23, 9:23*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Er... * Ignore that, *I've now found a note in Quail Vol 5 to it being the
future 'Silwood Junction'.

.... and that is the name finally chosen, with Old Kent Road Junction
at the other end.

Although not Network Rail infrastructure, it is closely related, and
appears in the NR sectional appendix, etc.

PhilD

Paul Scott[_3_] May 24th 12 10:17 AM

East London Line closed this Sunday for resignalling work

"PhilD" wrote in message
On May 23, 9:23 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Er... Ignore that, I've now found a note in Quail Vol 5 to it being
the
future 'Silwood Junction'.

... and that is the name finally chosen, with Old Kent Road Junction
at the other end.

Although not Network Rail infrastructure, it is closely related, and
appears in the NR sectional appendix, etc.

Thanks Phil.

I found a few photos on flickr of the relevant junction, it seems that
bowroaduk's images might pin down the time the decision was made?

April 2010 http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/4503462162/
May 2010 http://www.flickr.com/photos/24772733@N05/4579124280/

Was Deptford Rd Jn the LU name for the unused junction site?

Paul S