Old May 28th 12, 03:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Default Do we really need the BTP

On Mon, 28 May 2012 10:26:16 -0500
Stephen Sprunk wrote:
The same is true of minorities that "make it" in any field; at a street
level, they cease to be "real" minorities because they're not poor.

(In reality, most American racism--on both sides--is now more about
income than skin color, but there's a strong correlation between them.)

The USA has always struck me as the most ghettoised country in the western
world. Everyone in the states regardless of skin colour seems to have to
belong to some ethnic grouping or other or they're not happy. Irish American,
Italian American, Black American etc etc. Is it some sort of insecurity
thing in having to stand out from "The Crowd" because they have nothing else
to distinguish themselves by?

B2003