London Banter

-   -   dartmouth castle (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13137-dartmouth-castle.html)

[email protected] June 25th 12 02:54 AM

dartmouth castle

Dartmouth Castle, Dartmouth UK - England

Built as an English coastal fortress with the sea lapping its edges and maintaining good defences for more than 400 years.

Castle Architectural Features
Construction began in late medieval times; believed to be the first castle built in England with a priority of using artillery.

tim.... June 29th 12 06:24 PM

dartmouth castle

wrote in message
Dartmouth Castle, Dartmouth UK - England

Built as an English coastal fortress with the sea lapping its edges and
maintaining good defences for more than 400 years.

Castle Architectural Features
Construction began in late medieval times; believed to be the first castle
built in England with a priority of using artillery.

Given that this is a "transport" group I thought that this was going to be
about No. 4088 (and I had to look that up in case anyone think's I'm that
sad)

tim

[email protected] June 30th 12 06:12 AM

dartmouth castle

On Friday, June 29, 2012 2:24:38 PM UTC-4, tim.... wrote:
wrote in message
Dartmouth Castle, Dartmouth UK - England

Built as an English coastal fortress with the sea lapping its edges and
maintaining good defences for more than 400 years.

Castle Architectural Features
Construction began in late medieval times; believed to be the first castle
built in England with a priority of using artillery.

Given that this is a "transport" group I thought that this was going to be
about No. 4088 (and I had to look that up in case anyone think's I'm that
sad)

tim

A most interesting castle, from the fortification standpoint.