London Banter

-   -   Did you see the mocumentary "Twenty-Twelve"? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13139-did-you-see-mocumentary-twenty.html)

redcat June 25th 12 04:48 PM

Did you see the mocumentary "Twenty-Twelve"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-Twelve

I saw the first 2 eps and they're funny, except when the earnest
corporate speak (in parody) goes on a bit too long, then it's suddenly
boring. But they do have to get this (non)action in somehow, since it no
doubt is such a big part of the behind the scenes for the real 2012. And
each little speech serves as a springboard or straight man for the comedy.

To bring this in line with uk.transportation.london, ep 2 takes place
mostly on a bus, mostly going in the wrong direction(s) while trying to
get the Olympic committee people and a Brazilian delegation out to the
Olympic site.

Parallel to watching the show I'm reading Iain Sinclair's
impressionistic Ghost Milk, which, as you know, is about old Hackney
that was a world on its own, and how it has now been bent out of
recognition (except for the stubborn Japanese knotweed). It's not a
book if you want a linear read. It's more a have a glass of wine on your
sidetable and just relax and read, read, read. Let Mr Sinclair (or Tom
Baker!) talk. Let the images come in. The Independent found it
"difficult to digest". Me, I think it's genuine.