London Banter

-   -   Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control - Guardian/Observer (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13150-labour-backs-plans-return-railway.html)

Neil Williams July 2nd 12 05:16 AM

Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control - Guardian/Observer

Owain wrote:

And 'blue days' and 'white days' or are they now banned under race
relations?

Given the overcrowding you get on Friday evenings, the aboliton of
SuperSavers, and that no TOC has yet introduced a super off peak that
completely blocks Friday evenings, must be one of the most idiotic
decisions following privatisation.

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.

[email protected] July 2nd 12 09:19 AM

Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control - Guardian/

In article

, (Neil Williams) wrote:

Owain wrote:

And 'blue days' and 'white days' or are they now banned under race
relations?

Given the overcrowding you get on Friday evenings, the aboliton of
SuperSavers, and that no TOC has yet introduced a super off peak that
completely blocks Friday evenings, must be one of the most idiotic
decisions following privatisation.

Super-off-peak tickets exist round my way.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Neil Williams July 2nd 12 09:46 AM

wrote:

Super-off-peak tickets exist round my way.

They exist in many places. But unlike under BR they do not bar Friday
travel entirely - restrictions tend to be the same on all weekdays. This
doesn't make a lot of sense.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.

Roland Perry July 2nd 12 10:09 AM

Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control - Guardian/

In message
.
net, at 09:46:06 on Mon, 2 Jul 2012, Neil Williams
remarked:
Super-off-peak tickets exist round my way.

They exist in many places. But unlike under BR they do not bar Friday
travel entirely - restrictions tend to be the same on all weekdays. This
doesn't make a lot of sense.

It's actually worse then that. Some TOCs allow off-peak tickets
*originating in London* to be used in the evening peak on Fridays.

Although if it serves to shift people from the first off-peak train
(usually the 19:xx) to the previous otherwise blacked out (and often
much less lightly loaded), then it's probably a neat trick.

And of course most of those ticketholders are likely to be travelling
back on Sunday Evening, which is also very busy.