London Banter

-   -   Dangleway broken (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13181-dangleway-broken.html)

Bruce[_2_] July 25th 12 11:50 AM

Dangleway broken

BBC News is reporting (in Breaking News at 12:50) that the Dangleway
is closed due to a "technical problem".

Bruce[_2_] July 25th 12 12:21 PM

Dangleway broken

Bruce wrote:

BBC News is reporting (in Breaking News at 12:50) that the Dangleway
is closed due to a "technical problem".

Now (13:20) reported as:

LATEST:London cable car service in Docklands working again after a
temporary suspension due to technical problems

Roland Perry July 25th 12 01:18 PM

Dangleway broken

In message , at 13:21:29 on
Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Bruce remarked:

LATEST:London cable car service in Docklands working again after a
temporary suspension due to technical problems

One hopes that the suspension of the cars is permanent, unless people
want to swim the rest of the way across.

Bruce[_2_] July 25th 12 01:43 PM

Dangleway broken

Bruce wrote:

Bruce wrote:

BBC News is reporting (in Breaking News at 12:50) that the Dangleway
is closed due to a "technical problem".

Now (13:20) reported as:

LATEST:London cable car service in Docklands working again after a
temporary suspension due to technical problems

Story he
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/passengers-stranded-90-metres-in-the-air-as-londons-new-cable-car-breaks-down-7976314.html

Neill July 25th 12 03:47 PM

Dangleway broken

On Jul 25, 1:21*pm, Bruce wrote:
Bruce wrote:
BBC News is reporting (in Breaking News at 12:50) that the Dangleway
is closed due to a "technical problem".

Now (13:20) reported as:

LATEST:London cable car service in Docklands working again after a
temporary suspension due to technical problems

I hope the suspension is better than temporary! Was it left dangling
by a thread?

Neill

Bruce[_2_] July 25th 12 04:21 PM

Dangleway broken

neill wrote:

On Jul 25, 1:21*pm, Bruce wrote:
Bruce wrote:
BBC News is reporting (in Breaking News at 12:50) that the Dangleway
is closed due to a "technical problem".

Now (13:20) reported as:

LATEST:London cable car service in Docklands working again after a
temporary suspension due to technical problems

I hope the suspension is better than temporary! Was it left dangling
by a thread?

Perhaps the 'temporary suspension' involved hanging someone by the
neck until dead ... anyone seen Boris?

Bruce[_2_] July 25th 12 06:19 PM

Dangleway broken

Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 13:21:29 on
Wed, 25 Jul 2012, Bruce remarked:

LATEST:London cable car service in Docklands working again after a
temporary suspension due to technical problems

One hopes that the suspension of the cars is permanent, unless people
want to swim the rest of the way across.

One wonders why the copywriters did not see the opportunity they
presented people for some bad puns.

[email protected] July 25th 12 08:53 PM

Dangleway broken

On 25/07/2012 13:21, Bruce wrote:
Bruce wrote:

BBC News is reporting (in Breaking News at 12:50) that the Dangleway
is closed due to a "technical problem".

Now (13:20) reported as:

LATEST:London cable car service in Docklands working again after a
temporary suspension due to technical problems

It was only a matter of time before something like this happened,
indeed. I'm surprised that it did not happen sooner, rather than later,
however.

Denis McMahon[_4_] July 26th 12 01:33 AM

Dangleway broken

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 21:53:44 +0100, wrote:

It was only a matter of time before something like this happened,
indeed. I'm surprised that it did not happen sooner, rather than later,
however.

Infant mortality in electronic, electrical, mechanical and electro-
mechanical systems is a well known reliability issue at the systems
level. Well, it was when I did ONC Testing Methods and Reliability in
1984, I don't know if modern engineers are still taught such things.

In this case, I hear, it was a sensor that failed.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

Offramp July 26th 12 05:34 AM

Dangleway broken

On Jul 25, 12:50*pm, Bruce wrote:
BBC News is reporting (in Breaking News at 12:50) that the Dangleway
is closed due to a "technical problem".

They did not report that two men were fighting on the roof of the
cable car and one of them fell to his death but had a parachute.