London Banter

-   -   Cycles on the Underground during the Olympics (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13189-cycles-underground-during-olympics.html)

[email protected] July 30th 12 11:45 PM

Cycles on the Underground during the Olympics

I'm used to taking my non-folding bike via the H&C/Circle and Wimbleware
lines between King's Cross and East Putney. When I returned to Cambridge
with it last Thursday I was told at East Putney that bikes would be banned
on the tube from the next day, last Friday.

I tried looking up the actual restrictions on the TfL and Getaheadofthegames
web sites just now and can't find anything other than the standard map
showing non-folding bikes restricted to surface lines.

So does anyone here know what the actual position is and how is one supposed
to find it out?

I noticed the Wimbleware was insanely busy for a Sunday yesterday. I can't
remember a Wimbledon train departing Edgware Road almost full even on a
weekday. It then completely filled up at Paddington. Luckily I didn't have a
bike with me on Sunday, just the entirely family.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Robin[_4_] July 31st 12 06:23 AM

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/11701.aspx

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Robin[_4_] July 31st 12 06:34 AM

Cycles on the Underground during the Olympics

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/11701.aspx

Sorry - finger brain-finger interface malfunction sent the above before
I had added "as you have probably seen shows only extra restrictions on
Overgound, but I found several errors in the roads section of
getaheadofthegames site so I'd email or phone TfL before attempting to
assert a right to travel"

[email protected] July 31st 12 10:23 AM

In article , (Robin) wrote:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/11701.aspx

Sorry - finger brain-finger interface malfunction sent the above
before I had added "as you have probably seen shows only extra
restrictions on Overgound, but I found several errors in the roads
section of getaheadofthegames site so I'd email or phone TfL before
attempting to assert a right to travel"

Thanks. I think you got more or less where I got. I wasn't planning to use
Overground though my daughter might want to use it from West Brompton if she
doesn't cycle from Putney to Shepherds Bush.

--
Colin Rosenstiel