London Banter

-   -   Apparently Another Suicide Attempt at West Drayton? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13238-apparently-another-suicide-attempt-west.html)

CJB September 30th 12 03:11 PM

Apparently Another Suicide Attempt at West Drayton?

Not many details - even the local newspaper the Gazette didn't pick it
up. However most of Friday morning / afternoon trains were not
stopping at local stations between Iver and Southall on the slow /
relief lines.

CJB.

Bruce[_2_] October 1st 12 08:58 PM

wrote:

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 08:11:58 -0700 (PDT), CJB wrote:

Not many details - even the local newspaper the Gazette didn't pick it
up. However most of Friday morning / afternoon trains were not
stopping at local stations between Iver and Southall on the slow /
relief lines.

Another reason to legalize physician assisted dying.

Do you honestly think that legalised physician assisted dying would
eliminate, or at least very significantly reduce the suicide toll on
the railways?

I very much doubt that it would, because you are talking about
different groups of people in very different circumstances.

I agree that progress should be being made towards physician assisted
dying, but I doubt very much that it will happen before 2020.